Insurance

Everyone needs to keep in mind your not going to claim on it everytime you wreck it or your insurance will go up and probably drop you. It more for when it falls off a trailer, or someone backs over your bike cause they didn't see it, or the day you loose it down the mountain side and its in a ball of metal.

I'm not sure what the laws are in other states but we have to have insurance on our bike to ride any dirt road that is maintained by county, BLM, or Forest Service. So if you guys come up here to ride make sure you have insurance if you plan to ride any roads. Even if its just a mile or two. They are getting to be sticklers on this.:thumb:

Or if your bike goes over a waterfall right Mike :P

James

Staff member
Everyone needs to keep in mind your not going to claim on it everytime you wreck it or your insurance will go up and probably drop you. It more for when it falls off a trailer, or someone backs over your bike cause they didn't see it, or the day you loose it down the mountain side and its in a ball of metal.
:thumb: As mines a MX only bike I don't really have a need for the liability insurance, only the comp. But can't have comp with liability. :noidea:

:thumb: As mines a MX only bike I don't really have a need for the liability insurance, only the comp. But can't have comp with liability. :noidea:
But if you T-boned somebody on the track and hurt them, wouldn't that be a reason to have liability? Remember, we are not just talking what the law requires, but what YOU should require. Am I missing something here because I don't ride track?

Bike insurance is over rated. I have Stand insurance. Covers me if someone *cough cough Rack, WG, etc cough cough* pushes or knocks my bike off the stand. If I actually attempt to ride, which I am a newb, I just stay away from everyone so I will only reflect damage to myself...:thumb:

Bike insurance is over rated. I have Stand insurance. Covers me if someone *cough cough Rack, WG, etc cough cough* pushes or knocks my bike off the stand. If I actually attempt to ride, which I am a newb, I just stay away from everyone so I will only reflect damage to myself...:thumb:

You may want to add some handguards. Would hate to damage the levers in the event of a tip over. :devil:

James

Staff member
But if you T-boned somebody on the track and hurt them, wouldn't that be a reason to have liability? Remember, we are not just talking what the law requires, but what YOU should require. Am I missing something here because I don't ride track?
You sign a release wavier that says that you won't/can't sue anyone and that you're doing it at your own risk....:blah::blah: But you do have a valid point. :thumb: