INJURIES

OKAY, In honor of james getting hurt...i thought i would start a general injury thread.
the intent is NOT to scare or discourage my fellow riders. Instead it is to encourage those with injuries to keep on riding and realize it is not the end all....
i will start...i dont have pics and i dont know how to post an x-ray, but here is the list....
1} broken left collar bone
2} left shoulder A/C separation 10cm w/2 surgeries to repair with a 2" Ti screw
3} right ankle fractured thru the socket...still clicks
4} sipral fracture of the left femur
5} broken coccyx (tailbone)
6} many broken ribs..currently nursing 2 rightside broken ribs as we speak
7} fractured pelvis, thru the hip socket...still limp
8} L-4, L-5 lumbar spine fracuture of the distal wings
9} COMPOUND fracture of the left humerous, thru the skin, 2 major surgeries to repair, 2 years off work, 1year of therapy and almost 2 years of paraysis from the shoulder down...still rode with a custome made brace
10} Shattered 6 of the 7 bones in the left wrist, 5 surgeries to try to repair, the last on was to take a bone from my hip and FUSE the wrist solid...thank goodness it is my left wrist..
11} currently 2 ribs on my right side...but those were at work...do they count?

I have had over 100 staples and over 300 internal sutchers...40 years of motocross has not been good to me physically speaking...but it has been good to me mentally

I suggest you sell your bikes and take up ping-pong immediately. :smirk:

My god man - you are battle torn!

My list of injuries is fairly short - 2 broken ribs, 1 metacarpel fx, and 1 metatarcal fx.

sure why not....i have also had a hernia repair surgery....and a number of sist removed and a few other stitches and staples and a few broken ear drums from barefoot waterskiing

hey neversurfaced...el segundo huh....my girlfriend asked me to kiss her where it smelled so i drove her to el segundo:lol:
she was dirty and i was dumb
i grew up in Gardena
my life has been one big ugly down hill spiral...born in hermosa, then manhatten bch, then north redondo, then Gardena then lake Elsinore
like flushing a toilet ehh

I was was on fire and had 3rd degree burns on 33% of my body when i was 7.

I have also sprained both wrists and both ankles skating. Broke my ankle skating as well... Nothing too crazy but i do know this... the bad sprains hurt worse then a break.

Smell Segundo isn't too bad as long as you stay away from the Hyperion. I grew up on the west side of town which got pretty fragrant on hot days, but further south now, so I don't get LA's fart anymore.

It's hard to go anywhere but down after Hermosa Beach - I looked at a couple of places when I got back to LA but HB was out of my price range. Lived in North Redondo for about a year too - Off of Grant.

OKAY, In honor of james getting hurt...i thought i would start a general injury thread.
the intent is NOT to scare or discourage my fellow riders. Instead it is to encourage those with injuries to keep on riding and realize it is not the end all....
i will start...i dont have pics and i dont know how to post an x-ray, but here is the list....
1} broken left collar bone
2} left shoulder A/C separation 10cm w/2 surgeries to repair with a 2" Ti screw
3} right ankle fractured thru the socket...still clicks
4} sipral fracture of the left femur
5} broken coccyx (tailbone)
6} many broken ribs..currently nursing 2 rightside broken ribs as we speak
7} fractured pelvis, thru the hip socket...still limp
8} L-4, L-5 lumbar spine fracuture of the distal wings
9} COMPOUND fracture of the left humerous, thru the skin, 2 major surgeries to repair, 2 years off work, 1year of therapy and almost 2 years of paraysis from the shoulder down...still rode with a custome made brace
10} Shattered 6 of the 7 bones in the left wrist, 5 surgeries to try to repair, the last on was to take a bone from my hip and FUSE the wrist solid...thank goodness it is my left wrist..
11} currently 2 ribs on my right side...but those were at work...do they count?

I have had over 100 staples and over 300 internal sutchers...40 years of motocross has not been good to me physically speaking...but it has been good to me mentally

I think we should call you Evil Kneivel:lol::wave:

Other than tons of bumps bruises and sprains, had a six place compound fracture of the Tib/Fib (lower left leg) bone sticking out, 7 hour reconstructive surgery, 1 1/2 to recover fully... from getting t-boned by a Sea Doo when I was 23.

Travace, how did the Olympic trials go for the figure skating?? Did you wear the pink tutu? Style points do count you know. Do you still do your routine to the tune of "Staying Alive"???

Wow I guess I'm lucky. Maybe it's the fact I hate crashing, ride slow, don't race, and only watch riding on MX tracks. That said I have broken a collar bone, almost broken ribs on several occasions, crushed the tip of my left ring finger into pulp, permanently tweaked my right knee, several really severe sprains that were as bad as breaks according to the docs, and whole bunch of more minor stuff. My list pales in comparison to Kellymac530's and I'm sure several others.

I'll keep my flying to airplanes and hopefully I can keep the bones inside the skin where they belong.