INJURIES

James

Staff member
thats a month and a half after surgery, they put in that rod and left the other bone crooked, according to the doctor that was "healing nicely"
Seriously? :shocked:

Ok I'm not a doc (I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express though :P), but how is that "healing nicely"? Granted it looks like the bone is growing together, but how can it be strong if it isn't even remotely lined up? :noidea:

Ok I'm not a doc (I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express though :P), but how is that "healing nicely"? Granted it looks like the bone is growing together, but how can it be strong if it isn't even remotely lined up? :noidea:

They're excuse was that the crooked bone (the fibula) isnt a weight bearing bone so it doesnt matter that it's not lined up, they went on about how with some patients they'll remove that bone entirely to reconstruct a busted jaw.
Of course they also said because of a medical condition I have laying down the bike again could cause it to break. I said "well maybe you'll fix it right next time."

Most doctors prefer not to have to put in anymore hardware than needed, and the fact the bones are so close they chose to save him the pain of a plate and cut some expense. Plus it's a non weight holding bone anyhow, so why need? When my clavical broke it looked yet worse than that and they just threw me in a sling for a couple months. Although I have a perm lump on my right arm, I never had the pain of titanium in sever pressure change areas, which now I thank god for.

James

Staff member
They're excuse was that the crooked bone (the fibula) isnt a weight bearing bone so it doesnt matter that it's not lined up, they went on about how with some patients they'll remove that bone entirely to reconstruct a busted jaw.
Of course they also said because of a medical condition I have laying down the bike again could cause it to break. I said "well maybe you'll fix it right next time."
Hmm I guess this happens quite a bit. Here's another one post op.

TibFib-postsurgery.jpg

James

Staff member
Most doctors prefer not to have to put in anymore hardware than needed, and the fact the bones are so close they chose to save him the pain of a plate and cut some expense. Plus it's a non weight holding bone anyhow, so why need? When my clavical broke it looked yet worse than that and they just threw me in a sling for a couple months. Although I have a perm lump on my right arm, I never had the pain of titanium in sever pressure change areas, which now I thank god for.
:noidea: I haven't had that pain in my shoulder. But I've had issues with it causing pain while carrying a backpack as the skin was so thin. Tomorrow will be 2 years and it's now pretty much back to normal. :thumb:

Xray_3.jpg

I'd think the leg would be a little different though as you really wouldn't have anything rubbing against it. Ankle would suck though. :bonk:

James

Staff member
Try having it at your elbow. It doesn't take very much of any kind of bumping into something, to make you remember that stinkin' turtle head.:foul:
:thumb: I broke my elbow back in the 3rd grade and had a pin put in it. Needless to say it came out a few months later, like you said it hurt like a SOB every time you bumped. :rant: