INDEPENDENT SCOTLAND???? What do you think????

L

I wish I could answer that honestly.
We were once bitter and hostile with each other. Several times England tried to retrieve her just deserts but we were far to independent and thousands of miles away. We had vast resources at our disposal. Many of which we exported to gain revenue and further secure our independence. We also had help from the French and the Spanish.... Not to long ago Canada tried to declare it's independence but when the queen withdrew her hand and wallet Canada quickly saw the need for her.

It's not that I don't sympathize with you, I do wish all of these great freedoms that I was born with for you to have. It's just that after 5-600 years have passed since Scotland has been independent and the times we share now are so different from then.

Hey Mike, we have all the resources we could need to go Independent, we (Scotland) have in our waters the biggest oil reserves in Europe EU and it stands to reason why we are the only country in the world to have struck oil and got poorer!
We haven't even started drilling off the west coast yet because the powers who be down south decided to park their entire stock of big underwater shooters in the Clyde estuary 30 miles from where I live and more importantly 400 miles from London! :-(
Revenues gathered from the taxes on whiskey alone are enough to cover 25% of the UK's 60 million peoples annual food and drink bill yet Scotland only has 6 million people.
Our seafood export industry is doing well and last time I checked it was about £15 for a half decent Angus Fillet steak so trust me we have plenty of resources and very resourceful people to tap upon!
England on the other hand has almost nothing to offer the people of Scotland
While the bank of England has a tight grip of most of Scotland's mortgages and interest rates we are a bit screwed and it only took a few Westminster puppets to show up here two days before we vote and bring promises of new power and warnings of financial problems caused by said bank to rock enough people in to saying no!
As a new unseen policy was introduced 16 and 17 year olds were allowed to vote and voted 71% in favour of Independence and a brighter future for Scotland for their generation to mould and create for the next 50 - 70 years
Pensioners on the other hand were scared into voting no to protect their pensions for their last 5-10 years here!
Many are saying the rich fukd the poor, the old fukd the young and the Westminster gov fucked us all again:-(
There's a lot (1.6mil) of pissed off Yes voters here and the Scots have a wee bit of a temper when their pissed off so get comfy and enjoy the show from afar as its gonna get a wee bitty mental here over the next year or 2!
FB "the45" or the SNP for all the facts in black and white!

Last edited:
Hey Mike, we have all the resources we could need to go Independent, we (Scotland) have in our waters the biggest oil reserves in Europe EU and it stands to reason why we are the only country in the world to have struck oil and got poorer!
We haven't even started drilling off the west coast yet because the powers who be down south decided to park their entire stock of big underwater shooters in the Clyde estuary 30 miles from where I live and more importantly 400 miles from London! :-(
Revenues gathered from the taxes on whiskey alone are enough to cover 25% of the UK's 60 million peoples annual food and drink bill yet Scotland only has 6 million people.
Our seafood export industry is doing well and last time I checked it was about £15 for a half decent Angus Fillet steak so trust me we have plenty of resources and very resourceful people to tap upon!
England on the other hand has almost nothing to offer the people of Scotland
While the bank of England has a tight grip of most of Scotland's mortgages and interest rates we are a bit screwed and it only took a few Westminster puppets to show up here two days before we vote and bring promises of new power and warnings of financial problems caused by said bank to rock enough people in to saying no!
As a new unseen policy was introduced 16 and 17 year olds were allowed to vote and voted 71% in favour of Independence and a brighter future for Scotland for their generation to mould and create for the next 50 - 70 years
Pensioners on the other hand were scared into voting no to protect their pensions for their last 5-10 years here!
Many are saying the rich fukd the poor, the old fukd the young and the Westminster gov fucked us all again:-(
There's a lot (1.6mil) of pissed off Yes voters here and the Scots have a wee bit of a temper when their pissed off so get comfy and enjoy the show from afar as its gonna get a wee bitty mental here over the next year or 2!
FB "the45" or the SNP for all the facts in black and white!

Look at you go son!!!
Go get yourself some and give it a go. It's gonna be tough with England's grip on your territory especially when you're only 400 miles away. Good luck and God bless.

I also share the concerns with the financial aspects of independence but after 300 years I'm willing to give it a go and work a bit harder and longer to cough up the extra taxes to build our own economy :-)
I wish i could feel that way about my country. Its just hard to do when your leaders only use your money to fund pointless wars and make you pay into social programs that you will never receive. :banghead:

Yup! What you both said! England loves jumping on the bandwagon as far as pointless wars are concerned and use Scotland's oil revenue to fund it, that's one of the reasons why we are so pissed off with it all!!!!!

Here we go again! Iraq #3 WTF???
Looks like a thinly veiled attempt to galvanise the voters but I have a feeling this one might just backfire on those making a choice of war which will most likely be stated as a good enough financial reason to deny Scotland the tax raising/ spending powers promised before we voted,
Stinks of rotten English eel slime if you ask me! :thumbsdown:

Last edited: