Pro In your opinion, what is/was the best looking factory bike?

Back in the day, I used to love the Splitfire Kawasakis.

4475155379a10184220028l.jpg

What's in that bottle on his back?
Old school camelbak. They did not have such a thing when we were racing. I use to carry a water bottle on my tool pack and it was only for if you broke down. Otherwise you were only getting a shot of water in the pits every 40 miles and that was it. Pits stops were under 15 seconds so you were not getting much. Just enough to rinse the dust out and go. You really needed to hydrate during the week or you were done come race day.

Old school camelbak. They did not have such a thing when we were racing. I use to carry a water bottle on my tool pack and it was only for if you broke down. Otherwise you were only getting a shot of water in the pits every 40 miles and that was it. Pits stops were under 15 seconds so you were not getting much. Just enough to rinse the dust out and go. You really needed to hydrate during the week or you were done come race day.

I did some hydrating a week or so ago and it didn't seem to do any good.

Maybe it was the water I was drinking :devil:

I did some hydrating a week or so ago and it didn't seem to do any good.

Maybe it was the water I was drinking :devil:
Well, I was sittin' in this 5th wheel down in Ridgecrest, California.
Was drinkin' Colorado Kool-Aid and talkin' to some DBAers,
An' we was....what's that you say?
What's Colorado Kool-Aid?

Well, it's a can of Coors brewed from a mountain stream.
It'll set you head on fire an' make your kidneys scream,
Oh, it sure is fine.
Yeah, we was havin' ourselves one of them real good times.

:smirk:

splitfire sparkplugs.... did you ever use them Chokey? :lol: I tried them once.... what a scam, IMO
Once, and only because a buddy gave it to me and insisted I try it. I put it in my perfectly jetted, never-fouls-plugs KDX250 and we took off down the trails. It just quit firing after about five miles. Wasn't visibly fouled, just wouldn't fire. :foul: I threw that damn thing as far into the woods as I could, put an NGK back in and rode the rest of the day...

:lol:

Once, and only because a buddy gave it to me and insisted I try it. I put it in my perfectly jetted, never-fouls-plugs KDX250 and we took off down the trails. It just quit firing after about five miles. Wasn't visibly fouled, just wouldn't fire. :foul: I threw that damn thing as far into the woods as I could, put an NGK back in and rode the rest of the day...

:lol:

That about sums up my experience with them as well....
My brother gave me one to use in my 99 KX2fiddy... thing was hard to start, couldn't pull its pants up out of corners... went back to the truck put the old NGK in and ran that for a few more years... lol.