Im new to this site

How in the hell did you come up with that?.....I think there might be 3 people that voted for that ass hole up here, and I don't know none of em....matter of fact, I think I'm gonna start punching myself in the face till you take that shit back.

Is this bike goin on display....or is it goin to be ridden?
It`s going to be ridden lol! but before you all go off half cocked thinkin this sob has way to much time on his hands or a big bag or something hear me out. Some years ago I bought this CR500 didn`t give much for it and it ran. At that time my boys were young and just learning to ride we went out camping a lot with a group of people that most of the husbands in the group had owned CR500`s at one time in their lives and they were constantly telling stories about the 500`s and my two boys would sit there and listen to every word they said.
So anyway one day a 500 was laid in my lap and I thought now they can experience some of those stories. So I get it home start checking it out to see what I had and have been tripping over the dam thing for ten years now. frame was no good it was thrashed rightside cover was corroded couldn`t find one. So in April 2014 I was injured at work and had been givin a rolling frame that was in good shape I thought if I can find a cover I will restore this old beast it was either throw it away or go for it. so I read up on the 500s and found that 85 and 86 were the hotrods of the 500s then it got out of hand polished the swingarm then the cylinder then then then can`t stop now if I do it would look like to different bikes can`t have that now can we. that's kind of the long and the short of it my boys will ride it Iwill ride my quad but it`s been a fun project next will be a kx 500.

It`s going to be ridden lol! but before you all go off half cocked thinkin this sob has way to much time on his hands or a big bag or something hear me out. Some years ago I bought this CR500 didn`t give much for it and it ran. At that time my boys were young and just learning to ride we went out camping a lot with a group of people that most of the husbands in the group had owned CR500`s at one time in their lives and they were constantly telling stories about the 500`s and my two boys would sit there and listen to every word they said.
So anyway one day a 500 was laid in my lap and I thought now they can experience some of those stories. So I get it home start checking it out to see what I had and have been tripping over the dam thing for ten years now. frame was no good it was thrashed rightside cover was corroded couldn`t find one. So in April 2014 I was injured at work and had been givin a rolling frame that was in good shape I thought if I can find a cover I will restore this old beast it was either throw it away or go for it. so I read up on the 500s and found that 85 and 86 were the hotrods of the 500s then it got out of hand polished the swingarm then the cylinder then then then can`t stop now if I do it would look like to different bikes can`t have that now can we. that's kind of the long and the short of it my boys will ride it Iwill ride my quad but it`s been a fun project next will be a kx 500.
Cool story it'll be great to see how the bike turns out........but dude, you do have to much time on your hands.

That's why I went to work for the state!