Im new to this site

Hi
I'm restoring an 86 CR 500 from the ground up refurbed crank with new rod new engine bearings and seals,new rightside crankcase cover steering stem bearings and seals, wheel bearings and seals, powder coated frame and front and rear hubs, new radiators service Honda ignition all the aluminum is polished. My question is does anyone know of any manufacture that still offers the rear rim for an 86 CR 500?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Hi
I'm restoring an 86 CR 500 from the ground up refurbed crank with new rod new engine bearings and seals,new rightside crankcase cover steering stem bearings and seals, wheel bearings and seals, powder coated frame and front and rear hubs, new radiators service Honda ignition all the aluminum is polished. My question is does anyone know of any manufacture that still offers the rear rim for an 86 CR 500?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!
The major aftermarket manufacturers (RK, Warp9, etc..) all offer the 2.50X18"x36 spoke rims. Usually ~$200. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Hi thank you for the info warp 9 is one I haven't checked out.
I have found numerous outfits that carry the 18x2.15 however they carry from ones that have use the hub for a disc brake not a drum brake such as I have that takes two different length. Spokes. I will check out warp 9 in a minute.
Again thanks so much for all your help.

Welcome, I had an 85 cr500 motor in an lt250r quad frame. I had a compression release installed because I couldn't even kick it over hard enough to start it...fail lol. Very fun bike! I'll sure be following the build! Check up on that magnesium water pump housing. Mine was etched over time and leaked into the oil. You can buy a new one off of rockymountain atv&mc if you ever come across problems.

Welcome, I had an 85 cr500 motor in an lt250r quad frame. I had a compression release installed because I couldn't even kick it over hard enough to start it...fail lol. Very fun bike! I'll sure be following the build! Check up on that magnesium water pump housing. Mine was etched over time and leaked into the oil. You can buy a new one off of rockymountain atv&mc if you ever come across problems.

Yeah that was the first thing I looked for before I started this project I found one in the Netherlands it is brand new however its for a 1990 but it fit fine. Not quite original but its aluminum and will be fine have to tweek the plumming a little. Just got the frame and the hubs back from the powder coaters today they matched the colors perfectly.
I will take some pics soon and post them.

Yeah I did the same thing for the case. Are you restoring to factory color and specs?
Well somewhat I had the frame and hubs powder coated to factory but I polished the cylinder and took the paint off the rest of the engine.
The swing arm and all the suspension parts are polished as well.