I Want to lose 20 lbs

:shocked: Hey dudes so this summer I packed 20 lbs and need to lose it!!! any suggestions on meal plans? My goal is 20, I weigh 138 and I'm 5'4 :cry: I'm grabbing the treadmill tomorrow. I hate dieting because I always do it wrong and end up losing but gaining it quick..... so help!! thanks :devil:

:shocked: Hey dudes so this summer I packed 20 lbs and need to lose it!!! any suggestions on meal plans? My goal is 20, I weigh 138 and I'm 5'4 :cry: I'm grabbing the treadmill tomorrow. I hate dieting because I always do it wrong and end up losing but gaining it quick..... so help!! thanks :devil:
For starters, put down the Mtn Dew and walk away...:lol: Other than that, the treadmill is a start in the right direction. Just need to get on it and do it everyday. Start with small goals and work your way up. They say once you get pass the 3 week mark, it becomes a normal routine. Chicken and Fish is a good food choice for dieting and also back down on the portions. If you are one to snack during the day, get healthy snacks.

:thumb: Good luck Turbo, we know you Can do it. I am still working on get a few pounds to fall off myself, as all the travel over the last couple years did a number on my mid section...

Do what you have been taugh since your were little. Use the food groups. If you actually get all the servings of fruit, veggies etc you will loose the weight cause you won't be eating junk food. Cut the soda, this includes the poweraids and any sugar drink.(Check the label) In the morning eat fruit, an apple is better at getting you going then coffee, beleive it or not. Concentrate on simple sugars to get you going like apples, pears, peaches, berries, etc. Eat lots of protein and cut back on carbs (Bread, pasta, etc) Eat rice, fish, chicken, etc. Fruits and veggies are your friend. Make snacks like baby carrots, celery etc but don't be dipping them in ranch! Also raisens, grapes, granola bars etc are good. Then keep an eye on your calories. Try to stay around 2000. Instead of getting a burger or something at Mcdonalds get there salads and such. The biggest thing is cutting the fast food and junk food. Use your facebook or something to keep you honest. (Use dirtbikeaddicts and start a thread) Report everyday where you are. If you have to report on it its easier to stay on. You can do it. I'm not a tread mill person so I would go ride the shit out of your bike. You will burn way more calories doing that.:thumb:

Honestly,,,you can't look at it as a diet. You have to make a life style change if you want to lose it and keep it off. Example of what I mean. Okay, say you go on a diet and your "diet" requires you to stop eating bread and sodas and walk 3 miles everyday. Then you lose your weight. Great!! Now that you lost your weight you have met your goals you can start eating and drinking what you want again...right? WRONG!!! You're going to gain it right back.

You have to make a complete lifestyle change to eat healthy and exercise and do it for the rest of your life. Staying in shape is not a diet it is a way of life. Now that I am done preaching I have to take my own advise and get back in shape:lol:

Honestly,,,you can't look at it as a diet. You have to make a life style change if you want to lose it and keep it off. Example of what I mean. Okay, say you go on a diet and your "diet" requires you to stop eating bread and sodas and walk 3 miles everyday. Then you lose your weight. Great!! Now that you lost your weight you have met your goals you can start eating and drinking what you want again...right? WRONG!!! You're going to gain it right back.

You have to make a complete lifestyle change to eat healthy and exercise and do it for the rest of your life. Staying in shape is not a diet it is a way of life. Now that I am done preaching I have to take my own advise and get back in shape:lol:

Jackson is right on here. Do it so you can be a better rider. I'm not really on a diet to loose weight but more to get in better shape and be able to handle my bike better and ride harder. Do it for that. Get more serious about riding and make your life style changes so you can go more.

I found on my long rides my upper body was exausted by the end of the day. So I'm trying to cut back on sugar (Burns fast then you crash) trying to eat more protein (Help me build muscle) trying to eat more veggies and fruit (Fruit wakes me up and gives me energy now.) (Veggies for the vitamin's) stopp eating fast foods all the time (Lots of calories and fat) (Makes me tired and lazy) I'm doing all this cause I love riding and I love long rides. My body can't do 200+ miles a weekend without hurting for a week. I want to get where 100 mile rides are no big deal. :thumb: Plus I'm getting old and I want to keep living the good life and play until I die.

Damn dude! at 5 4 and 138. Id say youre fine..... Dont lose any more weight.

but I have a pudgeeeeeee and my pants are getting tight :lol: Cant afford to start getting new gear because I like food and mountain dew too much haha

and @Jackson, I dont want a diet lol I want a meal plan that will help me get used to eating better.....and its to ride better as well haha I was in excellent shape before summer.......summer made me lazy and being too hot too ride, 115+ degrees eek

Okay lets make a meal plan.

Tomorrow.

Breakfast
Oatmeal, One Apple and Orange Juice

10:00 Snack
One of the following
Raisens, orange, grapes, trail mix, granola bar
With glass of water

Lunch
Chicken breast, rice, small salad with vinager salad dressing, part of a v-8 juice and glass of water

2:00 Snack
Boiled egg and finish the V-8

Dinner
Salmon steamed with veggies
Fruit Salad
Glass of Milk

Desert
Mixed Berries with some milk

Okay lets make a meal plan.

Tomorrow.

Breakfast
Oatmeal, One Apple and Orange Juice

One of the following
Raisens, orange, grapes, trail mix, granola bar
With glass of water

Lunch
Chicken breast, rice, small salad with vinager salad dressing, part of a v-8 juice and glass of water

Boiled egg and finish the V-8

Dinner
Salmon steamed with veggies
Fruit Salad
Glass of Milk

Desert
Mixed Berries with some milk

sounds good hhaha except for the V8 :puke:
thankssss haha lets see how that works out :devil:

Well the best way to eat is small meals and more of them. I eat about 6 to 7 times a day. Eating more times throughout the day keeps your metabolism up and your body never goes into starvation mode. The minute your body thinks it doesn't have any food in it,,,it starts storing fat. Eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs. Never eat anything bigger than the size of your fist. This is an example of a meal for one day.

Morning 7:30= 2 eggs, one piece of whole grain toast and a glass of water
mid morning 10am= fruit smoothie with whey protein powder or just an apple or cut up fruits
Lunch=tuna fish I prefer solid white albacore w/slice of whole grain bread
mid day 3pm I just had cut up veggies with single string cheese
before gym I eat hand full of peanuts/sunflower seeds/ or something similar to give you boost to get you body going before a workout
Dinner 7pm 1/2 chicken breast with side salad other half I save for lunch the next day.

During the whole day I drink only water and lots of it.

If you can get this type of eating habits down with a good exercise plan you can get back in shape quick.

Yup. Jackson and I must be on the same track. What I have laid out I have challenged others to do and some couldn't even eat all of it. Their bodies were to full. The cool thing was they lost weight and started feeling better cause they ditched the junk food, the heavy carb meals, the fat, etc.

Day two!

Breakfast
Whole grain ceral, Banana or berries on it and Orange Juice or grape juice

One of the following
Raisens, orange, grapes, trail mix, granola bar, half a cup of nuts
With glass of water

Lunch

Egg Salad Sandwich, Potato Salad, Orange, milk and glass of water

Jerky with cheese stick and water and Juice (Make sure its fruit Juice)

Dinner
Cod
Corn (Regular corn)
Green beans
Glass of Milk

Desert
Yogart with some berries