I think I converted another 2 Stroke guy

Thread-Crap-FingerBaby.jpg

Well after reading Jackson report, I agree there does not seem to be a big difference. I was thinking the weight would be the big factor. That is the big problem here, he is not tall and he has never ridden anything bigger than his 150R. :shocked: My friend has a Kawasaki 200 2 smoke or something and we may put him on that for a test run. :thinking:
125's and 250f's are pretty comparable in size and power. :noidea:

How tall/big is he and has he ridden either one yet?

James

Staff member
Well after reading Jackson report, I agree there does not seem to be a big difference. I was thinking the weight would be the big factor. That is the big problem here, he is not tall and he has never ridden anything bigger than his 150R. :shocked: My friend has a Kawasaki 200 2 smoke or something and we may put him on that for a test run. :thinking:
Talk to Rack and Rack Jr. (yama_dawgg) as Jr. rides a 250f. He's 14 right, that's pretty close to Jr's age, are they about the same size as well? :noidea:

250F's aren't that heavy IMO. Look at the overall, my 150F was heavier than my 250. You gotta get used to the diffrence of wieght and height and you will be left with one kick ass bike :thumb: Also, setting it up to fit YOU (him) helps alot too when it comes to handling and getting used to it. Set the suspension, bars, shifter, levers, brake pedal, and ect...

I never have rode a 2 stroke and probably never will....ding, ding, ding, cough, cough:smirk: But after listening to people talk about them for years it seems there is this soft spot in their hearts for them and there always will be. Even after they switch over to a 4 stroke. I think they are different enough that it is a little like comparing an apple to an orange. They are both food you love to eat but on some days one goes better with what's being served:ride:

I never have rode a 2 stroke and probably never will....ding, ding, ding, cough, cough:smirk: But after listening to people talk about them for years it seems there is this soft spot in their hearts for them and there always will be. Even after they switch over to a 4 stroke. I think they are different enough that it is a little like comparing an apple to an orange. They are both food you love to eat but on some days one goes better with what's being served:ride:
You got that right Sun. You just don't understand until you spend a day on a 2 stroke. They are such a blast to ride.

only two stroke i ever owned was a 86 250r 3 wheeler. was fun but dangerous. I rode a 07 yz250 after being on a 4t maybe 3 times. I was so out of control i quickly gave the bike back. Now that i have had a years worth of seat time i wouldnt mind giving a 2t another shot.

must have been the 125's fault... -BIG DAN:smirk:

don't you know its always the 125's fault? The AMA would never change the rules to favor the Factories... :smirk:

So James.. All this converting bragging.... Are you responsible for this https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/for...cussion/2922-help-me-decide-my-next-bike.html :thinking:
:lol::lol::cry::lol:
Hmmmm, I wonder...:thinking: quite possibly yes...

Sun, you would love a day on a 125... light, fun, easy to whip around... keep it high on the revs and just toss that creampuff where you want it...:thumb:

only two stroke i ever owned was a 86 250r 3 wheeler. was fun but dangerous. I rode a 07 yz250 after being on a 4t maybe 3 times. I was so out of control i quickly gave the bike back. Now that i have had a years worth of seat time i wouldnt mind giving a 2t another shot.

250R 3whlr... Death in a wheelbarrow form! Those things were scary! I think everyone should have atleast one 2T in their arsenal. I have only ever met people that regret or love their 4Ts... I have never met a 2T guy or a 4T person that hated their smoker...

Sun, you would love a day on a 125... light, fun, easy to whip around... keep it high on the revs and just toss that creampuff where you want it...:thumb:

:thinking: Tossing cream puff. I LOVE cream puffs!:banana:

Now that you put it that way:devil:I just might have to.