2 Stroke I need help

My buddy's 04 cr 250 that he just bout is having problems it had a bad air filter and the plug was white when he first bought it I cleaned out the air box put a new oiled filter in checked the carb all the jets are clean and the right specs it used to start and not idle when u fist started it after taking apart the carb it went to idle then died I kicked it again kept it running I let off it died now it wont start at all im thinking maybe a new plug and fresh gas but not sure

Ok guys I got it to fire up again still no idle and now their is grey stuff all over

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334430809.639204.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334430809.639204.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 36
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334430887.996450.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334430887.996450.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 34
What jets are in it? One problem Vforce reeds, Never heard anything good about them.

This is what FMF requires on that bike.As for Jetting.

Jetting Results
  • Main Jet
  • Pilot Jet
  • Needle
  • 12-82
  • Needle Position
  • 2ND
  • Power Jet
  • N/A
  • Air Screw

What jets are in it? One problem Vforce reeds, Never heard anything good about them.

This is what FMF requires on that bike.As for Jetting.

Jetting Results
  • Main Jet
  • Pilot Jet
  • Needle
  • 12-82
  • Needle Position
  • 2ND
  • Power Jet
  • N/A
  • Air Screw
it has a full pro circuit exhaust pro circuit said to have the jets at 400 main 32.5 pilet and 12-82 needle on 2nd position and that's what everything is on the bike and I don't know to much about v force Reeds all I know is I like boyseen

I love v force reeds! I think it improves throttle response 100 percent.. def a company I hope to get sponsored by hahaha :wink: a lil bit expensive

it has a full pro circuit exhaust pro circuit said to have the jets at 400 main 32.5 pilet and 12-82 needle on 2nd position and that's what everything is on the bike and I don't know to much about v force Reeds all I know is I like boyseen

No matter who says what... It doesn't matter if me,you,fmf,pro circuit,your neighbor says the jetting is good... The onlything you actually listen to.. Is the spark plug.. If its white... Its not right...White is lean.. Lean is deadly...Going to have to fatten up the jetting for sure.. Before you run the engine anymore... Plug needs to be dark brown/mocha... Hell if its black its better than white.

No matter who says what... It doesn't matter if me,you,fmf,pro circuit,your neighbor says the jetting is good... The onlything you actually listen to.. Is the spark plug.. If its white... Its not right...White is lean.. Lean is deadly...Going to have to fatten up the jetting for sure.. Before you run the engine anymore... Plug needs to be dark brown/mocha... Hell if its black its better than white.
it's not white anymore ever since I put the new filter on