I lost a Bike

Call me, "OCD", "anal", "German", "Nelly",

or whatever :P but backup straps are good. Captive hooks are nice too. The strap tails have to be shipshape in my rig too, my excuse is that you can see at a quick glance if anything has changed. My strap system has improved since this pic. Being able to Bajonda through a ditch during emergency maneuvers without losing your bike seems like a good feature to have.
DSC02168.jpg

Call me, "OCD", "anal", "German", "Nelly",

or whatever :P but backup straps are good. Captive hooks are nice too. The strap tails have to be shipshape in my rig too, my excuse is that you can see at a quick glance if anything has changed. My strap system has improved since this pic. Being able to Bajonda through a ditch during emergency maneuvers without losing your bike seems like a good feature to have.
DSC02168.jpg

Well said......:prof:

I want to go riding this weekend just so I can put the bikes in with all the new tie down techniques. Not sure though being Super Bowl Sunday and I have chores on Saturday. Need a longer weekend.

I want to go riding this weekend just so I can put the bikes in with all the new tie down techniques. Not sure though being Super Bowl Sunday and I have chores on Saturday. Need a longer weekend.

Super Sunday is the best day to ride of the year. No crowds in the Dez, or the road on the way there, or home. :ride:

Super Sunday is the best day to ride of the year. No crowds in the Dez, or the road on the way there, or home. :ride:
That was my thoughts as well and if leaving early enough we could be home by 3:30. However, my 2 buddies want to go Saturday since one lives in San Juan and he needs the whole day on Sunday. We are heading up to the last place I went last Sunday for another trial run. May even head up there for the Presidents Weekend. Are you interested?

That was my thoughts as well and if leaving early enough we could be home by 3:30. However, my 2 buddies want to go Saturday since one lives in San Juan and he needs the whole day on Sunday. We are heading up to the last place I went last Sunday for another trial run. May even head up there for the Presidents Weekend. Are you interested?

I'm still monetarily benched. Presidents might be possible though.:thinking:

I TOO had the same thing happen only before I learned to tie/strap them together besids the tie downs used. Mine happend when I came out of the gas sstation except "I" didn't know I lost the bike...a guy pulled up next to me andtold me I dropped it a block back. Luckily no one hit it...Wifes bike, unimportant at te time :devil:...j/k. tore up the left hand grip a little bit and bent the peg but otherwise ok. I used a piece of rope to tie the bars togetherin the event an inside strap broke (again) the bike would fall off.:banana:

:bonk:

I think I will be securing my differently from now on after reading this. Thanks for sharing and Im sorry for your incident.