I got Fracked!

It sure takes Buck a long time to check in with all his good buddies on DBA to see the great advise he receives. :noidea:

Sorry! Been bizzy!

Here is the update on the giant spill on our lands:

They were drilling horizontally between two gas wells. These are 30" diameter lines....linking the biggest natural gas well in Ohio (250 million XMF per DAY) to the other well and the GIANT pipeline.

Here's what happened: They were drilling on land that had been mined for coal previously. That land was reclaimed, but porous. When they hit that porous part, it was like a pressure washer through a sponge! Their shit went everywhere! Water seeks the lowest point, so it went into my lowlands.

What is killing my verdant and awesome lowlands that WAS filled with ducks, geese, beavers, and all manner of vertebrate and invertebrate FABULOUS wildlife is now dead. They used "bentonite" to clog up their spill. It is harmless. It is basically absorbant kitty litter. The problem is that once they discovered their leak, they pumped a zillion gallons of the stuff to stop it. It all leaked out in my lowland and clogged every stream, every little riffle, every pore with a thick gray sludge that eradicated everything that could live in this ecosystem. All the plants will die as well.

Streams that were once 6 feet deep are filled to the top! All the carp, bass, bluegill, and shiners are gone.

What really pisses me off is that I have to listen to their pump trucks and heavy machinery for 24/7 for the (estimated) next six to 9 months!

I'm in contact with the EPA and the mining company, (and a lawyer) to get this resolved.

We'll see how it goes!

On the up tick, Ohio gun season opens up Monday! My crew will be down at camp on Friday and we will cook (Me, I'm the camp bitch!) go to the local bar, eat like kings, get into trouble, all in preparation for opening morning this Monday!

It is EPIC man-land and Epic fun!

Sorry! Been bizzy!

Here is the update on the giant spill on our lands:

They were drilling horizontally between two gas wells. These are 30" diameter lines....linking the biggest natural gas well in Ohio (250 million XMF per DAY) to the other well and the GIANT pipeline.

Here's what happened: They were drilling on land that had been mined for coal previously. That land was reclaimed, but porous. When they hit that porous part, it was like a pressure washer through a sponge! Their shit went everywhere! Water seeks the lowest point, so it went into my lowlands.

What is killing my verdant and awesome lowlands that WAS filled with ducks, geese, beavers, and all manner of vertebrate and invertebrate FABULOUS wildlife is now dead. They used "bentonite" to clog up their spill. It is harmless. It is basically absorbant kitty litter. The problem is that once they discovered their leak, they pumped a zillion gallons of the stuff to stop it. It all leaked out in my lowland and clogged every stream, every little riffle, every pore with a thick gray sludge that eradicated everything that could live in this ecosystem. All the plants will die as well.

Streams that were once 6 feet deep are filled to the top! All the carp, bass, bluegill, and shiners are gone.

What really pisses me off is that I have to listen to their pump trucks and heavy machinery for 24/7 for the (estimated) next six to 9 months!

I'm in contact with the EPA and the mining company, (and a lawyer) to get this resolved.

We'll see how it goes!

On the up tick, Ohio gun season opens up Monday! My crew will be down at camp on Friday and we will cook (Me, I'm the camp bitch!) go to the local bar, eat like kings, get into trouble, all in preparation for opening morning this Monday!

It is EPIC man-land and Epic fun!

Thats a damn shame Buck. All that wild life and flora will take hundreds of years to return to its original state. I hope the oil company can restore a part of your land with a man made ecosystem of sorts.