I got Fracked!

They busted me! I thought my land was golden. Between me and a couple of friends, we have several hundred acres.

The machine of big corp came down and bit us in the ass when they fucked up and had a big spill of their drilling chemicals all over our land...(Big poutey face)

I'm talking several MILLION gallons! to the tune of SIX!

We HAD beautiful wetlands where we could wack green heads and geese. Gone.

We HAD beautiful wetlands where we could send the kids out to trap beaver, muskrat, mink, and all manner of fur bearing critters! Gone!

It's just a fuck pile now! Junk! And it will take them 6 mos to make it near what it was! And they will ruin the hunting from hear to there! It will take 10 years to make it what it was!

I've got vids! How do I post them here?

They busted me! I thought my land was golden. Between me and a couple of friends, we have several hundred acres.

The machine of big corp came down and bit us in the ass when they fucked up and had a big spill of their drilling chemicals all over our land...(Big poutey face)

We HAD beautiful wetlands where we could send the kids out to trap beaver, muskrat, mink, and all manner of fur bearing critters! Gone!

It's just a fuck pile now! Junk! And it will take them 6 mos to make it near what it was! And they will ruin the hunting from hear to there! It will take 10 years to make it what it was!

6 months... vs..... 10 years :thinking: seems a bit of a difference. but all kidding aside Buck, that sucks. Were you letting them use you land for drilling, etc.??? If so, I'm guessing that's one of the chances you take when they're paying the owner to use it. :noidea:... sorry to hear that happened.

You need to be like the rest of 'merica, and sue the shat out of them.

6 months... vs..... 10 years :thinking: seems a bit of a difference. but all kidding aside Buck, that sucks. Were you letting them use you land for drilling, etc.??? If so, I'm guessing that's one of the chances you take when they're paying the owner to use it. :noidea:... sorry to hear that happened.

I think he means in the 6 months to clean up, it'll drive all the game out. Fast foward 10 years, to make it like it was before all the damage was done.:noidea:

I think he means in the 6 months to clean up, it'll drive all the game out. Fast foward 10 years, to make it like it was before all the damage was done.:noidea:

If that's the case I'm thinking the clean up part will take MUUUUUCH lionger than 6 months if they spilled millions of gallons. Somewhere in Utah there was an oil spill that got into a creek back i nthe early 2000's and they just now said it was OK and the water would not harm humans of animals... :thinking:

Yep, sue them big time like the rest of our citizens would do, take the big bucks you get and go buy several thousand more acres of pristine land out in the country and don't let big company drilling come on your land again.

were you going to get any money from them sense you were letting them use your land?

This a horrible crime. The human race is such a destructive species and I'm sorry for your loss Buck. I hope that we learn from our mistakes.

Dig up the contract and find a lawyer. After they read the contract they will know if you have a case. If they think that you have a solid case they should do it on contingency. The out of pocket should be small or none for that initial consultation.

I would not be surprised if the contract had some language that makes it hard to prevail in a lawsuit. However, you will never know unless to try.

If you do get a settlement buy some new land.