How to change a motorcycle tire

I basically have the same method. Hitting the rim lock like he did damages it, I would never do that. I have that trick tire tool to put it back on.
If your tire is dry WD-40 is fine it dries better than dish soap.

i have the best method of em all.... ride with people who can change a tire better then you. most the time they wont want to sit around long enough for you to finish and will take over.

Fucker! LOL
Tim's better, I am better with the camera than tire changing. But we all play our part.

i have the best method of em all.... ride with people who can change a tire better then you. most the time they wont want to sit around long enough for you to finish and will take over.
Oh I'll sit there all day watching someone change a tire. I have changed a ton of tires over my 100 yr riding career.

I don't struggle at all. I either take it to the shop or "pretend" to struggle and let someone else make fun of me and take over the task. :thumb:

I don't struggle at all. I either take it to the shop or "pretend" to struggle and let someone else make fun of me and take over the task. :thumb:
I am 100% with this technique. I will do front tires but I just recently attempted to do the rear tire on my son's bike and gave up. He picked up a big nail over TDay so I thought no biggy, I'll just go for it. I got the one side off and the tube out and said f--- it and took it to my favorite tire place and paid $6 for them to do it. I could not even get the new tubes valve stem in there and then thought after screwing around with this for an hour or more I may end up wrecking the new tube and have to go back to square one anyways. :bonk:

I am 100% with this technique. I will do front tires but I just recently attempted to do the rear tire on my son's bike and gave up. He picked up a big nail over TDay so I thought no biggy, I'll just go for it. I got the one side off and the tube out and said f--- it and took it to my favorite tire place and paid $6 for them to do it. I could not even get the new tubes valve stem in there and then thought after screwing around with this for an hour or more I may end up wrecking the new tube and have to go back to square one anyways. :bonk:
You got farther than I EVER have. :thumb: Even on a front tire, I got the first tire spoon in and then looked at the clock. Hmmm, 2:30, I know the shop is open till 3:00 (Saturday hours). By 3:30, all mounted back on the bike and was ready to go. :banana: Time is money. You just have to do the math in your individual situation :prof: