How often do you take a dirt nap?

Cause I take one everytime I ride... :lol:

A few days ago we had gotten done riding the track at my buddies house and I hadn't crashed yet... Then we get the idea to make a quick run to the next town over at night (both bikes have lights). We were riding on the railroad tracks and I had left my goggles at the house and was getting dusted out so I got off the tracks next to the orange trees... Came around a corner right into a giant mud puddle! Went over the handle bars and landed in the middle of it! Bike stalled and I was drenched!

Then today at the dunes I was scouting jumps and we hit this one about 5 times each... I wanted one last run at it a gear higher and the sand gave out on me and off I went! It was a step up so luckily the bike got stuck in the bank instead of on top of me!

I think it has something to do with going out on last time now that I think of it... Cause that 120' crash in Dumont was after we had packed up and changed out... I just had my helmet on :bonk:

Uhh right. On that note how are you feeling being that the recovery was dirtbike driven?
For me it seems once or twice a trip.
:noidea:
Recovery is coming along well. Started PT last week and going today. Twice a week for 5 weeks, then it's twisting time..:banana:
Speaking of PT, do you have a story to tell..:thinking:

:noidea:
Recovery is coming along well. Started PT last week and going today. Twice a week for 5 weeks, then it's twisting time..:banana:
Speaking of PT, do you have a story to tell..:thinking:
The MRI results were not good. Complete tear of the meniscus horizontally and some small vertical tears as well. Also found evidence of an old avulsion fracture too. I will see the ortho later this week and find out when the surgery will be and how long the recovery will be.:foul: Funny though, was able to ride yesterday without too many issues. I'm sure the doc will not want me to do that after the surgery for a while.
:smirk:

I think that you need to qualify exactly what a dirt nap really means. There is dropping the bike and then there are real crashes. I'll drop my bike when I hit an unexpected obstacle at low speeds. Almost always I'll end up on my feet so it doesn't really count as a dirt nap. Real crashes? Perhaps once a year. More like once a month or more if it's just dropping the bike. I did my January quota last Saturday. Threading first gear and clutching it through some bushes in the snow and hit that unseen rock. Plop went the bike.

It all depends on the level of trail and how fast I'm trying to go.

The MRI results were not good. Complete tear of the meniscus horizontally and some small vertical tears as well. Also found evidence of an old avulsion fracture too. I will see the ortho later this week and find out when the surgery will be and how long the recovery will be.:foul: Funny though, was able to ride yesterday without too many issues. I'm sure the doc will not want me to do that after the surgery for a while.
:smirk:

Sorry to hear that WG. Try and keep it as strong as possible before they start hacking on your knee. It will shorten your recovery

I crash about every ride. :rant:

I convinced my Dad to let me ride after a few months since my crash. (I'm not supposed to be ridding yet)
But, after about 5 minutes of being back on the bike, I dropped the front-end in a muddy corner and took a nice little mud nap. :thumb:

Do snow naps count. Then alot!

Photo007.jpg

I think that you need to qualify exactly what a dirt nap really means. There is dropping the bike and then there are real crashes. I'll drop my bike when I hit an unexpected obstacle at low speeds. Almost always I'll end up on my feet so it doesn't really count as a dirt nap. Real crashes? Perhaps once a year. More like once a month or more if it's just dropping the bike. I did my January quota last Saturday. Threading first gear and clutching it through some bushes in the snow and hit that unseen rock. Plop went the bike.

It all depends on the level of trail and how fast I'm trying to go.

in that case iv only ever had 1 "wreck" and about 6 "dirt naps" since i started riding in march 2010