How often do you take a dirt nap?

Do snow naps count. Then alot!

Photo007.jpg

So what happened here Bryce R...you stopped, laid down your bike, took out your camera, took a few steps back...clicked a couple pics, put the camera away, picked the bike up (still running), rode back to the casa and stuck the pic's on dba OR WHAT????? :lol:

About every 4 trips to the track I'de say. Mostly I crash at home because I race on wet grass or snow or something. Although I onyl go down in corners or something. I'm great at recovering cases.

So what happened here Bryce R...you stopped, laid down your bike, took out your camera, took a few steps back...clicked a couple pics, put the camera away, picked the bike up (still running), rode back to the casa and stuck the pic's on dba OR WHAT????? :lol:

haha Yep. I had never got to play in the snow on a bike before. So when we got a little snow I went and played behind the house. Well there is a little hump (Maybe 2') its fun to get a little air well the landing wasn't so smooth. The rear landed and the front....problem was the front just went out from under it. haha it was nothing major. The one that hurt was on the way home on the pavement. Knobbies then ice under snow don't go together. After I crashed in front of the neighbors house I put it away.:smirk:

I havent had a dirt nap going fast in a while. A long while. But thats mostly because I ride with in my ability level. Though I will say the more technical the ride the more likely Im going to be taking a dirt nap. The last time I took a dirt nap I was going less than 10 mph, trying to negotiate a water fall.

I havent had a dirt nap going fast in a while. A long while. But thats mostly because I ride with in my ability level. Though I will say the more technical the ride the more likely Im going to be taking a dirt nap. The last time I took a dirt nap I was going less than 10 mph, trying to negotiate a water fall.

I don't crash EVERY trp out but close. :ride:...that's why I say I'm going "riding" not "crashing"...:P...:smirk:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Never been down... It's because I never leave the staging area.

feetup.jpg

Note the "I gave 2 gallons of blood" t-shirt... I'm set for blood transfusions...

Actually I gauge a ride's technicality by how many times I go down...
-BIG DAN:thumb:

I think that you need to qualify exactly what a dirt nap really means. There is dropping the bike and then there are real crashes.

i drop my bike at least once a ride cause i'm short and if i don't clutch right in a corner i can't lift the bike back up lol... as far as a "real" crash pretty much everytime i get on the bike i fly over the handle bars or swap and get thrown, but thats cause i tend to do alot of jumping and go fast in spots where i forgot there were obsticles...lol

Never been down... It's because I never leave the staging area.

feetup.jpg

Note the "I gave 2 gallons of blood" t-shirt... I'm set for blood transfusions...

Actually I gauge a ride's technicality by how many times I go down...
-BIG DAN:thumb:

A rides technicallity or YOUR OWN technical skill level??? :smirk:...:P

I layed over two times yesterday, just that low speed front end goes out tip over thing. Pisses me off too. The first one was a BIG red colored jack rabbit jumping up, I looked at it and fell over.