How Often Do You Lube The Chain

I've used various brands of stuff...I can tell you what I WON'T be using anymore...Bel-Ray...it's blue and leaves a blue stain where ever it hits...IF you use it, make sure you do it in th edirt (I lke that saying) or on a drop cloth, and wipe off the excess once your done cuz it'll fly up onto your fender and anywhere else it can get to.

I've also used PJ1...I think that's what I have in my bike stuff box.

I pre lubed filters for my CO trip with Bel Ray. And it WAS AWEFUL! I had that stuff dripping out! It was terrible! it must turn liquid when it heats up or something.

James

Staff member
:focus:

Yeah Rez I also used to use the Bel Ray Chain Lube, but like you said it gets flung EVERYWHERE. So I tried the Maxima Chain Wax, but it seems to "thin". After the Maxima I saw a good review on the Silkolene lube and figured WTH I'll try it, awesome stuff. :thumb

DUB, do the cards in the spokes.........THAT is hard core! Doubled up on both sides of the rim...Sweeeeeet! YOU won't have to make the noise anymore! :ride:...:banana:

speaking of... did you know that old baseball cards like babe ruth and mickey mantel will always be worth more then baseball cards of today because of this fact. back then cards were not collectable like they are today and kids trashed em by doing things like putting them in spokes of bicycles. :prof:

k now back :focus:

speaking of... did you know that old baseball cards like babe ruth and mickey mantel will always be worth more then baseball cards of today because of this fact. back then cards were not collectable like they are today and kids trashed em by doing things like putting them in spokes of bicycles. :prof:

k now back :focus:

Guilty as charged, been there, done that. :foul:.....Make sure to lube the chain on your bicycle as well! There stayed on topic!

Guilty as charged, been there, done that. :foul:.....Make sure to lube the chain on your bicycle as well! There stayed on topic!

yea when i rode BMX the best stuff for bicycle chains is that white lightning stuff... never heard of it being used on motorbikes till this thread... i think i still have some in the garage as well.

Anyway, i have used maxima chain wax, white lightning, the old formula plus 2 of the new ones, clean ride and epic ride

Nighthawk, what bike are you riding these days that you need to lube the clutch cable or chain on?

Gotta pay attention to word usage rack! That's the stuff I did use when I had a bike, i still use the Clean Ride for my MTB, which i just got a new chain for... no money now :cry:

Gotta pay attention to word usage rack! That's the stuff I did use when I had a bike, i still use the Clean Ride for my MTB, which i just got a new chain for... no money now :cry:

this is not a MTB forum its a dirt bike forum so you got to understand that when you speak about something people will automatically think its about dirt bikes not MTB's

you originally posted it in a different order...

Anyway, i have used maxima chain wax, white lightning, the old formula plus 2 of the new ones, clean ride and epic ride
white-L-clean-ride-med.jpg
124f6f5a-3f65-46ea-9ac5-53a9ede59578.jpg

IN RACkS (and many others) defense your "use of words" didn't make us think having a bike was in the past only the type of lube used was in the past PLUS you said "plus 2 of the new ones" which to me sounds like you still have a M/C...:prof:..That is all, just straightening things out! :thumb: