How Often Do You Lube The Chain

:noidea: I'll let you come to your own conclusion, I just wanted to make sure that you knew to go by rides and not days in a month. Chains aren't cheap.

Dub - and the bike is awesome now. my whole palm clutch cable is now a buttery smooth 2 finger pull
Hawk - should always be a 2 finger pull..
Hawk - not gonna lie
Dub - not with an old crappy rusty worn out clutch cable apparently.
James - Now don't forget to lube it every week. (Get your mind out of the gutter)
Hawk - nah once a week is excessive
Dub - I'm not even gonna come up with a response
Dub - It's to easy
Hawk - get some good wax based lube and lube it once a month
Hawk - get a huge can of maxima chain wax, that stuff is AMAZING
Hawk - http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...=&sizeAttr=303
Dub -
Dub - This is going to sound infinitely stupid, but how the hell do you lube a cable?
Hawk - plus you can use it on your bikes... and whatever else you want basically
Hawk - well with wax spray
Dub - it's inside the little rubber housing thing
Hawk - you just spray it on and the alcohol evaporates
Hawk - leaving the wax
Dub - spray it on where? -_-
Hawk - o-ring chains are tricky
Hawk - the chain, all over the outside
Dub - I have silkolene foaming chain lube for my chain, I was talking about the clutch cable
Hawk - make sure your chain is clean tho
Hawk - lol
Hawk - ohhh
Dub - I'm pro at lubing the chain already

Why did you cut out everything that you said except 1 thing?? :busted:

and we were talking about about clutch cables, its maxima chain wax and cable lube :P
Maxima_Chain_Wax_zoom.jpg

Out of the toyhauler. I tried to leave it in there while we are camping but my wife gave me that look and told me to take it outside...:smirk:

You mean like this?
IMG_0049.jpg

Poser! :smirk:

You can't see the bottom half of the bike if you leave it in the truck UNLESS someone were to be so inclined to walk over and take a peak inside the bed......but what are the odds of that? :noidea:

I don't power wash or pressure wash my bike. I wash it with a hose and keep the pressure down. I even get out the soap and water and scrub it. Clean all the dirt of the chain. Warm the bike up then lube everything. Then if I think the chain needs a little lube before we ride I spray it agian.

Same here.......:devil:.......

OK, maybe I'll wash my bike (hose it off) let it dry wipe down the chain of excess dirt and grime then lube the chain before putting it away...:prof:

James

Staff member
Why did you cut out everything that you said except 1 thing?? :busted:
and we were talking about about clutch cables, its maxima chain wax and cable lube :P
Maxima_Chain_Wax_zoom.jpg
I didn't cut anything out, I only said "Now don't forget to lube it every week. (Get your mind out of the gutter)" which started this whole thing. :bonk:

Go check the chat archives, 9:30pm eastern time, currently page 20, or look below. I added more to show my next post.

Dub - and the bike is awesome now. my whole palm clutch cable is now a buttery smooth 2 finger pull
Hawk - should always be a 2 finger pull..
Hawk - not gonna lie
Dub - not with an old crappy rusty worn out clutch cable apparently.
James - Now don't forget to lube it every week. (Get your mind out of the gutter)
Hawk - nah once a week is excessive
Dub - I'm not even gonna come up with a response
Dub - It's to easy
Hawk - get some good wax based lube and lube it once a month
Hawk - get a huge can of maxima chain wax, that stuff is AMAZING
Hawk - http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...=&sizeAttr=303
Dub -
Dub - This is going to sound infinitely stupid, but how the hell do you lube a cable?
Hawk - plus you can use it on your bikes... and whatever else you want basically
Hawk - well with wax spray
Dub - it's inside the little rubber housing thing
Hawk - you just spray it on and the alcohol evaporates
Hawk - leaving the wax
Dub - spray it on where? -_-
Hawk - o-ring chains are tricky
Hawk - the chain, all over the outside
Dub - I have silkolene foaming chain lube for my chain, I was talking about the clutch cable
Hawk - make sure your chain is clean tho
Hawk - lol
Hawk - ohhh
Dub - I'm pro at lubing the chain already
Hawk - need 1 of these puppies http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/pr...dFamilyId=2999
Dub - I want to get one of those chain brush thingies. They're pretty useful
Hawk - meh... just clean it by hand... build character
James - We're talking about the clutch cable Hawk, and this little bugger works great http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/pr...talogId=103038
James - You only lube your chain ONCE A MONTH?
Dub - lol
James - What do you only ride once a month?
Hawk - i only rode about a dozen times in a year
Dub - James, I don't even know how to lube a cable lol.
Hawk - james... that what i just linked him to genius

I didn't cut anything out, I only said "Now don't forget to lube it every week. (Get your mind out of the gutter)" which started this whole thing. :bonk:

Go check the chat archives, 9:30pm eastern time, currently page 20, or look below. I added more to show my next post.

but look how far that quot is outta place.... its like 6 spots above where it was actually put in the chat box at

lol dub was asking how you get the lube into the cable housing and NH was replying to spray it on the chain. you guys are some confused individuals.

lol dub was asking how you get the lube into the cable housing and NH was replying to spray it on the chain. you guys are some confused individuals.

there seems to be a problem with when the chat box registers when you talk, a lot of those posts are out of place :doh:

James

Staff member
there seems to be a problem with when the chat box registers when you talk, a lot of those posts are out of place :doh:
The chat posts the messages from the time you hit enter and not the 15 second refresh.
but look how far that quot is outta place.... its like 6 spots above where it was actually put in the chat box at
:confused: Are you seeing something different then what I am?

Chat.png

Since we are talking about lubes here. What do you lube it with? I tried PJ1. In our flower dust we have here I always had a freaken mud ball for a chain! I'm trying another brand the manufacture recommended and its doing nicely. I will find out what its called again and let you guys know. What are you guys and gals using?

What are you guys and gals using?

I've used various brands of stuff...I can tell you what I WON'T be using anymore...Bel-Ray...it's blue and leaves a blue stain where ever it hits...IF you use it, make sure you do it in th edirt (I lke that saying) or on a drop cloth, and wipe off the excess once your done cuz it'll fly up onto your fender and anywhere else it can get to.

I've also used PJ1...I think that's what I have in my bike stuff box.