How fast do your run while towing?

Well I pull my 5th wheel and boat at or about 65 70 mph here in the great state of Nevada. But when I pull in Komifornia, I dial it back to 55 mph. Old Johnny Law would love nothing more that to pull over a rig with Nevada plates on it to gain some more cash for is economy. Why so slow some will ask. Well it will still be there when I get there. And if its not, I should have planned ahead better and gave myself more time.

Well I pull my 5th wheel and boat at or about 65 70 mph here in the great state of Nevada. But when I pull in Komifornia, I dial it back to 55 mph. Old Johnny Law would love nothing more that to pull over a rig with Nevada plates on it to gain some more cash for is economy. Why so slow some will ask. Well it will still be there when I get there. And if its not, I should have planned ahead better and gave myself more time.

That's my theory about driving in general.......

As for towing, many individuals that have posted (not necessarily on here :devil: ) about being able to pull their monstrous rig with a 1/2 ton ...:blah::blah: :blah:. NO consideration is made to the safety of those with them OR around them. Theres a reason 3/4 + trucks are necessary for pulling and not for the motor size. Braking is a HUGE factor and just being able to withstand the weight while under tow...the axle/hub part of it all. 5 lug vs 8. the gap between a 5 lug hub makes for a weak point. Again, there's a reason for added lugs..even weight displacement across the hub. :prof: