How do you clean your air filter? What do you use? What do you oil with?

I have cleaned my filter three times already with gas and this time the glue did come off my other didn't tho cuz it is not glued together, so what kind of mineral spirits do you use, Beer??

07 wr250f, fam has a yz250f, yz250 and ktm 200
twin air
anything
borax
red super sticky oil

im pretty sure borax is what notoil is, looks the same, feels/cleans the same. borax iS WAY cheaper than notoil. its in the laundry soap section at the grocery store

ps i try to keep my air filter clean, when it gets waht looks like halfway dirty my bike starts coughing and hacking.

I have cleaned my filter three times already with gas and this time the glue did come off my other didn't tho cuz it is not glued together, so what kind of mineral spirits do you use, Beer??

I use paint thinner. I get mine at Home Depot by the gallon.

:prof: I use mineral spirits in a large paint bucket and use it for the entire season. When the filters come out of the spirits they get a bath in dish soap and water then a rinsing off with water. Let dry, oil up lightly and stick em back on. Oh and, I am one of the guys that still greases the seat of the filter.

Ill use my old 150r as for the example, i performed more maintenance on it.

1. '07 CRF150R E
2. Twin air
3. Muddy/ forest trails
4. PJ1
5. Wash air filter in bucket of warm water, knead with hands. Remove, wrap in paper towel and air dry for an hour. Spray PJ1 foam filter oil evenly over filter until it takes a reddish tint. Replace and rock on!

1. 2008 Honda CRF250r
2. Stock foam filter
3. Motocross (dusty loose clay or muddy slippery clay)
4. No-Toil solvent, No-Toil grease, Bel-Ray Waterproof grease
5. Fill the sink about halfway and dump some of the solvent in, mix. Hand agitate the filter in the sink until it has returned to its original color and is clean. Rinse from the inside-out to avoid any dirt getting on the inside. Hang on a rack until it's dry. Then take the No-Toil spray grease and get it saturated pretty good, ring out the excess and hang to let it dry for a little more. Rub the Bel-Ray waterproof grease on the rim of the air filter. Install filter and press the greased rim against the contact area of the air box to create seal.

I'm still using gas....gas, rince with warm water, let dry...apply some thin type oil (2 stroke maybe) rub it around real good, let sit, grease up the side to the carb and install. I've yet to have a filter fall apart but THEN AGAIN, I don't ride non-stop requiring constant cleaning. :prof:...

92 RM 250
Uni air filter
Desert dusty, some woods but still dusty
Uni air cleaner kit is what I use to clean and oil my air filter. I dont really have a special method. I just follow the directions on the back of the cleaner can. The only one thing that I do that is different is after Ive used the cleaner and rinsed as directed. I will toss the air filter into the dish washer (emptied of course) and run the dish washer with the filter in it. Its comes out pretty clean. Then once its done washing I remove the filter let it dry, and run the dish washer again with soap to remove any residual filter cleaner residue. Once the filter is dry I apply a coating inside and out on the filter and massage in. Let it sit for an hour or so to drip off any excess and install. No filter grease, with as much oil as I put on and the filter cage I cant justifiy the extra cost. Just dont tell my wife that Im using the dish washer to clean my motorcycle parts:naughty: