How do I keep my pipe shiney?

My bike gets bolts checked, carb drained, chain lubricated and adjusted, airfilter cleaned and re-installed,spokes checked, forks wiped down every ride. If I spot cleaned it like all your fashion show bikes, I would be cleaning more than riding.... Waste of time imo....

when did i say anything about cleaning or not cleaning your bike? this is about polishing a aftermarket item on the bike, that just has a little melted rubber on it... you guys read WAY to far into things... that's for sure :rolleyes:

do you ride MX or the fashion show runway? It's an expansion chamber. It's gonna get dirty, dinged, scratched, and dented... thats all part of riding a dirt bike. As for the riding on the balls of your feet and your toes still hitting the shifter/brake, Do you have 8" long toes? or are your boots 6 sizes to big for you? my foot peg has to be under the middle of my boot to reach my brake lever or shifter.
See I wear nines. I have pretty small feet but, it still happens to me somehow

And alot of the guys did bring up a very good point. These bikes are huge investments to some of us so we try to keep them in the best shape possible even if that means simply washing our bike. If something on my bike broke right now I would not be able to replace it. This is my maintenance checklist after everyride:
1: pressure wash
2:apply wd-40 to plastics and pipe
3:swap out air filters & clean the one I just took out
4:check for loose spokes
5:apply WD-40 to throttle & clutch cable
6: lube and check chain tension
7:sit on my clean bike and make 2stroke sounds :lol:

My bike gets bolts checked, carb drained, chain lubricated and adjusted, airfilter cleaned and re-installed,spokes checked, forks wiped down every ride. If I spot cleaned it like all your fashion show bikes, I would be cleaning more than riding.... Waste of time imo....
it takes like 20 or 30 mins to clean a bike up nice after a ride

i think i spend more time washing my than i do riding it. not an option, my dad makes me wash my bike like crazy b4 i can put it away. i also clean/oil my air filter after every ride and change oil after every 3 rides. (damn that was off topic, sorry)
anyways, i used mother's aluminum polish on my fmf header and it did a great job of removing small scratches. also is good for polishing aluminum parts

i think i spend more time washing my than i do riding it. not an option, my dad makes me wash my bike like crazy b4 i can put it away. i also clean/oil my air filter after every ride and change oil after every 3 rides. (damn that was off topic, sorry)
anyways, i used mother's aluminum polish on my fmf header and it did a great job of removing small scratches. also is good for polishing aluminum parts
My dads the exact opposite! He hates how I wash my bike after every ride, he thinks it wears out the bearings faster. I would rather have water than dirt in/around my bearings though haha