How do I keep my pipe shiney?

I have a two stroke and as you know their pipes are freaking big. Well when I ride my boot touches the pipe, which then gets cooked onto my beautiful shiney pipe and I'm left to cry. What are some good things I can do to keep it looking good?

werd^
My pipe is so shiny :devil:
422052_366984416675115_100000906795480_1078147_503573945_n.jpg

my pipe is also BIG and I love when it gets shined :smirk: last thing in the world i let touch my pipe is a boot.

On another note you can use WD40 and some steal wool to clean your dirt pipe

my pipe is also BIG and I love when it gets shined :smirk: last thing in the world i let touch my pipe is a boot.

On another note you can use WD40 and some steal wool to clean your dirt pipe
Well, wouldn't steel wool scratch my pipe? 140 Rider I grip the bike with my legs and my boot will rub around on it. Also, I like to keep my things looking and working nice because, I dont have money to replace anything.

are we talking about a Dirt bike or a show bike:noidea: if you use a fine steal wool then it would only leavesome swirl marks but that pipe is going to get worst than that,,,wait till a roosted rock from your front tire dings it, then you won't worry about some little swirl marks. If you want it looking like a new penny then use some mothers polish and a drill with one of those buffing pads.

I don't know for sure but sounds like your positioning is off :noidea: I personally keep it on the balls of my feet, and that seems far from an expansion chamber, but of corse I'm on a 4 stroke too. I'd like to see where your feet line up on the pegs, like I said, most control comes from the balls of your feet on the pegs, unless you have biggg feet I'd work on moving your foot back a bit.

James

Staff member
are we talking about a Dirt bike or a show bike:noidea: if you use a fine steal wool then it would only leavesome swirl marks but that pipe is going to get worst than that,,,wait till a roosted rock from your front tire dings it, then you won't worry about some little swirl marks. If you want it looking like a new penny then use some mothers polish and a drill with one of those buffing pads.
Or after I roost the crap out of him. :smirk:

are you talking about a shinny nickel plated pipe? (like on a ktm or an fmf) an uncoated pipe? (like pro circuit) or is it painted? (like on a yamaha)

are you talking about a shinny nickel plated pipe? (like on a ktm or an fmf) an uncoated pipe? (like pro circuit) or is it painted? (like on a yamaha)
I don't know for sure but sounds like your positioning is off :noidea: I personally keep it on the balls of my feet, and that seems far from an expansion chamber, but of corse I'm on a 4 stroke too. I'd like to see where your feet line up on the pegs, like I said, most control comes from the balls of your feet on the pegs, unless you have biggg feet I'd work on moving your foot back a bit.
I have the FMF fatty gold series pipe. Also, I ride on my toes because I always hit my gear or brake lever when I ride on the balls of my feet :(

I have the FMF fatty gold series pipe. Also, I ride on my toes because I always hit my gear or brake lever when I ride on the balls of my feet :(
It curls back pretty far huh? Are your boots good sized? I'd heat the bike up and use paint thinner or better yet gas to wipe it all off. Then polish it up with some mothers wax or turtle wax or something :thumb: