125 hotter plug?

iv gone with a hotter plug because i couldn't source a br9 so just got a 10 instead..will it make much of a difference? i was thinking myself hotter is better

iv gone with a hotter plug because i couldn't source a br9 so just got a 10 instead..will it make much of a difference? i was thinking myself hotter is better

I used to run the br8 in my kids bike and went to the br9. I have no idea how this will impact you. Post up results after you ride it a bit.

I have experimented with many different types of spark plugs. I have grown to be verry fond with Desno and NGK's. I have also tried a totally different style spark plug. One that was designed from a much older design. This plugs is called the Torque Master plug. Its a small company based in California. This plug does deliver what it claims as far as torque. But, longevity it does not. Then I came up across these new plugs in which were supposed to be part of the Harley Davision line. These plugs are called the Pulstar spark plugs. Let me say this These plugs are great and performed awsome in my bike. When I tried them. You will notice a performance increase in all power ranges. They were expensive yes. The bad thing is I found out that I could not trust this plug to not cause engine damage. The bike started spitting and sputtering when I was on the track. I was able to get back to the truck. This is what I found when I pulled the plug. The plug is a be1i Pulstar plug.

If you are switching heat ranges on your plugs, You need to watch the plug, and listen for pinging. Don't want to just throw a plug in and run the satchel off it. You could have a bad future. Everytime it pings/spark knocks.. It is just eating itself.

Hotter plug doesn't always mean more horsepower. And don't fix jetting issues with a spark plug heat range.

I understand whats your saying about the heat ranges. But, as far as the plugs I have tried in my bike. They were all within the same heat range. Well that's what they told me. These plugs just have a larger spark and burn completely. Check them out Pulstar and Torque Master plugs. Just read about them. I am not saying to buy them ok. I went back to my NGK BR8I iridiums.

When we run in the states with the hotter wether we run the br6i iridiums because the heat is so hot we don't want to hear the motor up and have a ring melt and in canada we go a little hotter for the cooler temps but the iridiums are the best burning plug and give you the same torque

I have experimented with many different types of spark plugs. I have grown to be verry fond with Desno and NGK's. I have also tried a totally different style spark plug. One that was designed from a much older design. This plugs is called the Torque Master plug. Its a small company based in California. This plug does deliver what it claims as far as torque. But, longevity it does not. Then I came up across these new plugs in which were supposed to be part of the Harley Davision line. These plugs are called the Pulstar spark plugs. Let me say this These plugs are great and performed awsome in my bike. When I tried them. You will notice a performance increase in all power ranges. They were expensive yes. The bad thing is I found out that I could not trust this plug to not cause engine damage. The bike started spitting and sputtering when I was on the track. I was able to get back to the truck. This is what I found when I pulled the plug. The plug is a be1i Pulstar plug.

oh sh*t!

A br6i is a verry hot plug. The lower the number the hotter the NGK plugs get.

so its a colder plug i have... think i might try a 8 next week instead of a 10..even tho i was happy with the power low down (taking into account its a 125) i wasn't happy with the high end power..could the plug effect this?? its a new topend.. i was thinking i might have been running too rich or more likely i need to tune the carb wright i have the carb settings stock..(1..1/2..) turns..or could it be the new piston? it doesn't have the vents like the old one... uploadfromtaptalk1390212264268.jpg

You wasn't running too rich for sure.... That first piston is roached.

A "too rich" condition will make it bog like no other, and put the plug out.

Your chasing a piston/cylinder problem with the spark plug. That cylinder needs replated. A hone will not fix it, not even supposed to hone a nik plated cylinder. Send your new piston and ring with your cylinder, have it replated matching the piston.... When you get it back, install it with stock jetting (clean the carb) and air screw setting, with the stock plug... And tune from there.

If you don't know how to 2 a 2stroke carb, Your going to need a few spark plugs. Save your plugs too. (Once you get it jetted correctly, You won't foul anymore plugs. And it will run tits.If you still need more power, Its time for a big bore or a 250...

You wasn't running too rich for sure.... That first piston is roached.

A "too rich" condition will make it bog like no other, and put the plug out.

Your chasing a piston/cylinder problem with the spark plug. That cylinder needs replated. A hone will not fix it, not even supposed to hone a nik plated cylinder. Send your new piston and ring with your cylinder, have it replated matching the piston.... When you get it back, install it with stock jetting (clean the carb) and air screw setting, with the stock plug... And tune from there.

If you don't know how to 2 a 2stroke carb, Your going to need a few spark plugs. Save your plugs too. (Once you get it jetted correctly, You won't foul anymore plugs. And it will run tits.If you still need more power, Its time for a big bore or a 250...

have u more info on replating what it promotes etc? and how u know it needs to be replated?? its nearly time for a 250 i just got the 125 to get comfortable ridding as im not ridding bikes long..

have u more info on replating what it promotes etc? and how u know it needs to be replated?? its nearly time for a 250 i just got the 125 to get comfortable ridding as im not ridding bikes long..

Wrong thread :picard: ......Thought this was someone else.

Buttt, You need to post a picture of the cylinder. Let us take a peek at it. Make sure there isn't any gouges in the plating.