Other Honda 250 cc engine would fit on Gio x31 2012

SRAD97750

Staff member
So this vendor tries to sell me this Gio x31 2012 dirt bike but I am concerned about the mecanic on these bikes. It's worth 1599$ brand new and this is a demo with only 5km I could have for 1000$ no taxes.

The vendor told me a 250cc Honda engine would fit bolt on on this bike. Is it the thruth ?

http://www.giobikes.com/Dirt-Bikes-in-Canada/2012-GIO-X31-Dirt-Bike/
Possibly, but expect other things to go wrong with the GIO long before you need to be replacing the engine.
The engines are the most reliable part on any chinese mid-size dirtbike. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Last edited:
800-1000 will buy a good xr250 where I am at. It will work better handling and brake wise than any of the Chinese ones I have been on. You can get parts to and come closer to getting your money back when you want something else.

I just found a xr250 1994 for 950$. You are telling me I should go with this instead of the chinese 2012 ? I don't know much about bikes, I'm more of a car guy that got tired of getting tickets... lol I can do the mecanic tho

I just found a xr250 1994 for 950$. You are telling me I should go with this instead of the chinese 2012 ? I don't know much about bikes, I'm more of a car guy that got tired of getting tickets... lol I can do the mecanic tho
i would :prof:

SRAD97750

Staff member
That would be a much better option. At least you would find parts for it.-BIG DAN :thumb:

It all comes down to condition, year etc. anything from about 86 on was a pretty good all around trail rig. The ones noted as xr250L were street legal from the factory.

Could you type some models for around 800-1200$ I could look up for. Guys don't seem to understand how selling website works and enter wrong cc and stuff so you refined search give shit results.