Home-made Tracks

took me 600 bucks to hire dozer to make my track last year and still yet to have any jumps put in yet. I use a farm disk to drag around it with my four wheeler to keep it free of weeds and ride it when ever I can, but the son don't like it without the jumps. If can ever come up with enough cash for another 8hr worth of front loader work I have 22 arcers of dirt I think I can dig a pond at the same time I am getting my jumps made. Two birds one stone :smirk: Good luck with your track :thumb:

James

Staff member
James, not trying to be rude, but do you actually read any of the post?
:noidea: You asked for advice so I gave you my $.02 (which I didn't just pull out of my :moon:).
Also in the first post i said i can have a bobcat 763 (skidsteer) for a weekend for free and a garden tractor with all the attachments.
You'll need the bobcat to reface the jump faces/lips on a regular basis (dozer works best, but a bobcat should be fine on a smaller track).

Sorry, just felt like i was repeating myself. I appreciate the advice greatly. I have a plow on my utility quad, i was wondering if i could resurface the faces with that (obviously i would need to get the bobcat there every once in a while, but just for small touch-ups)

:thumb: Never wouldn't thought of that.

They are like $40 to rent for a day or you can buy a used one for around 200...

M18.... when building a track just for practice 2 things need to be considered.. Making the most of your space and making the most of your practice time. Whoops and turns being the most important as they teach you speed... a double into a turn or a jump immediately after will teach you set up and how to get speed and traction in a hurry... a ryhtme section starting immediately after a turn that continues through and into the next turn is a great way to throw all 4 of those into a track in a hurry...
Good luck :thumb:

Went outside today just to walk around the yard because of how nice it was and forgot my uncle (the one nextdoor) has a ford 9n :facepalm:. Looked around some more and found he has a dual blade plow, dual blad disc and plow, discs, the big rake attachment and a 3 point snow plow. :D. So as far as track maintenance is concerned it will be super easy. Also while looking around i noticed he had one of those concrete lawn rollers that you pull behind a rider. You think this would compact the jumps enough for regular maintenance? I would compact everything with the bobcat while i have it but after the faces need resurfaced i wonder how it would work :thinking:

Went outside today just to walk around the yard because of how nice it was and forgot my uncle (the one nextdoor) has a ford 9n :facepalm:. Looked around some more and found he has a dual blade plow, dual blad disc and plow, discs, the big rake attachment and a 3 point snow plow. :D. So as far as track maintenance is concerned it will be super easy. Also while looking around i noticed he had one of those concrete lawn rollers that you pull behind a rider. You think this would compact the jumps enough for regular maintenance? I would compact everything with the bobcat while i have it but after the faces need resurfaced i wonder how it would work :thinking:

Bobcat is a great machine but not heavy enough to tamp a pile of dirt.... A plate tamper would be your best bet...

http://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equipment/category.aspx?id=s307

Lawn roller would probably do the job for packing the jumps, and since its a small track you could really just use a shovel for maintenance, dont have to get too fancy