Home-made Tracks

Well the time has come where i started to seriously consider building my own track. I have done some extensive reading on it and helped some other people build theirs so i have a general idea of what i have to do to accomplish such a feat.

First off, my neighbors consist of a long time family friend who is deaf and 80 years old, and my Aunt & Uncle on the other side of me. So i won't have to worry about noise complaints or cranky neighbors. Next issue is the small amount of space i have to work with. Although we have about 3 acres of yard, i still want to have alot yard left and keep the track to where it won't be seen from the road or too noticeable by neighbors, and still have some trees for blockage. The ideal spot in my yard for this is 135'x80'. Like i said, very small. Next thing i had to think about was machinery. My former boss who i am good friends with has a Bobcat 763 that i could borrow for the weekend as long as i bring it back with a full tank of gas. My dad also has a Cubcabet 1250 Garden Tractor that's built like a tank. He has the dirt & disc plow, aerator, and some-other rake/cultivator attachment that i could also use. The next issue is the dirt. Since its going to be a small AX style track it will require me to bring dirt in. I do have a small pile outback but not nearly enough, i plan on putting an add in the paper and craigslist looking for fill and contacting contractors if i decide do go through with it.

I think it would be do-able. and after i get the dirt hauled in and lay it out, i think i could get i knocked out in one weekend if i get some friends to help by bribing them with taco's and letting them ride it. I know it would be well worth it every-time i ride it.
I do still have some questions,
Should i build all the ramps first, then plow and rake it?
Since i haven't been at a track since the end of last season, what attachments do they prep the track with and in what order?
Is it worth it?
Is the design i have look descent?
Any other advise/tips?

Sorry for the super long post btw :smirk:

Attachments

• track 2.jpg
    track 2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 109
home MADE, not, Home maid
images

What Kyle said. Either don't let Anyone besides you ride it, or get good waivers clearing you of ANY liability. But still be careful about others riding, because if the insurance agent see's that you have a track on your property and that you let people ride, they can drop you and those waivers while much better than nothing, aren't 100% bulletproof.

Mojave, that looks awesome to me :thumb: I don't want to discourage you at all but, I just want you to know that those tracks are a boatload of work. One of my buddy's has a great little track and things go south real quick if maintenance isn't a priority :thumb: Go for it!