South High Desert Riding

i woulda gave up part of a pinky or a small toe to be on that ride. its been so long i alsmost cant remember the smell of that wet deZ. ALMOST!!!! :drool: i want wet dez

Had a scorpion in the rafters I needed to burn up, trials are no fun in OW, so I put it on. Still run trials on the TE.

I'm still not sold on that phylosophy... terrain is too loose out in the dez for them to bite... I can understand up in the mountains where it can be tacky but in the dez????

School me Palmer schooooool me!!!! :prof: and don't use the "you don't ride enough to know..." this aint my first rodeo... I started riding at 13 and took a 10 year sebatical. :D

I'm still not sold on that phylosophy... terrain is too loose out in the dez for them to bite... I can understand up in the mountains where it can be tacky but in the dez????

School me Palmer schooooool me!!!! :prof: and don't use the "you don't ride enough to know..." this aint my first rodeo... I started riding at 13 and took a 10 year sebatical. :D

I'll just say, with a trials tire and the so cal rocky desert, the lower pressure and amount of knobs, foot print, they grip the rock rather than deflect it. Sand, mud and real deep loose gravely/shell is the only thing I find it not good on.

I'll just say, with a trials tire and the so cal rocky desert, the lower pressure and amount of knobs, foot print, they grip the rock rather than deflect it. Sand, mud and real deep loose gravely/shell is the only thing I find it not good on.

I agree with Palmer. The trials didn't work for me as I like to steer with the back tire. Trails gripped to much for that.

Got it... then again, the rocky sections I've expereinced are loose to... thanks for the lesson! :hail:

I agree with Palmer. The trials didn't work for me as I like to steer with the back tire. Trails gripped to much for that.

I used to ride like that...:whistle: then again, the bike I had was built backwards, the rear end kept wanting to pass the front. :shocked:

They are more of a slow rider tire. ME!!!
I would think that is the type of riding they would be best suited for. More of a slow paced ride. Kennedy Meadows type of stuff. You can get to the rocky, technical stuff in the desert but that may only be 20%-30% of the ride. For me, at that ratio, too much to give up in the other areas. But in KM, the ration is inverse so I could we the benefit. Be nice to have 2 rim sets.

I would think that is the type of riding they would be best suited for. More of a slow paced ride. Kennedy Meadows type of stuff. You can get to the rocky, technical stuff in the desert but that may only be 20%-30% of the ride. For me, at that ratio, too much to give up in the other areas. But in KM, the ration is inverse so I could we the benefit. Be nice to have 2 rim sets.

I didn't mind the trials in the trees up here. Still took a while to get used to. Desert, no way.