Helpin GMA look for a TV...

plasma sucks dont go with one

"The traditional wisdom is that LCD performs better during the day due to its backlighting system, and that plasma works best in a dark environment, as it uses a glass front. Nonetheless, products like the non-reflective glass plasmas and LED-backlit LCD panels with their better blacks completely turn this logic on its head.":devil:

plasma's are really heavy as well. you will prolly have to spend a shit load on a special mount that can hold its weight

also might not be a concern here but i like to game. Plasma's create a lag.

• I went with plasma, and like it a lot - but that was about 2007 and would revisit that decision cause it is heavy and does use much more electricity. Mine is a 42" and would certainly not buy a bigger plasma tv. They get to be really heavy
  • I called the local repair shops and asked what were some of the better (more reliable) brands, got good info from that
  • Costco has changed their return/warranty policy for their TVs and other electronics in the last few year - might want to read what they are now offering
  • I liked the Panasonic and that is what I bought, it has been good
  • I unpugged Dish months ago and cannot really remember how we had that set up, but do remember every month when there is no bill in the mail for it :)
  • If you need tv mounts, or cables monoprice.com is my suggestion.

LED? I'd have to look into that if I were to buy again

Almost all of the "LED" TV's only use the LEDs to generate the light. Non LED LCD's use thin fluorescent tubes to provide the light. The main advantage of the LED's is that they can be modulated to get better darker blacks and that they last longer.

Plasma's are still a bit less expensive to buy, but they weigh a lot more and they use twice the electricity if not more. Plasma's also have very restrictive handling restrictions. Lay it down the wrong way and it's toast. No plasma for me.