Help me choose a right bike for me

A CRF250R is nothing like a street bike. Time to fire a certain mechanic..

I think you miss understood him. I think he is referring to the CRF250R being similar to the CRF250X while having the same engine they do have a different transmission. I believe the X has taller gears.

I think you miss understood him. I think he is referring to the CRF250R being similar to the CRF250X while having the same engine they do have a different transmission. I believe the X has taller gears.

AHhhhhh, Ok, I see. :lol: I was thinking, "How did the mechanic ever get a job???"

I agree with most here...don't do the CRF250R. How old are you and whats your height/weight? Are you the athletic type? Do you master skills easily? What would be the typical day of riding for you? Terrain? Mileage in a day? What's the most demanding thing you want your bike to do? Hillclimbs? Extended high speeds? Poking through the woods? Severe mud slopping? We need more info. (Incidentally, there is a reason that 2007 CRF250 has a need for a new engine, and none of them are good.)

I agree with most here...don't do the CRF250R. How old are you and whats your height/weight? Are you the athletic type? Do you master skills easily? What would be the typical day of riding for you? Terrain? Mileage in a day? What's the most demanding thing you want your bike to do? Hillclimbs? Extended high speeds? Poking through the woods? Severe mud slopping? We need more info. (Incidentally, there is a reason that 2007 CRF250 has a need for a new engine, and none of them are good.)

I just turned 26 last saturday. I am 6"3', weight at 170, athletic. ROOKIE, my first time riding a bike this year (bought it in april). I would like to ride at high speed for long distance on dirt road somewhere near my farm area, do some mudding, a little trail. Not interested to ride on the street or highway.

James

Staff member
I just turned 26 last saturday. I am 6"3', weight at 170, athletic. ROOKIE, my first time riding a bike this year (bought it in april). I would like to ride at high speed for long distance on dirt road somewhere near my farm area, do some mudding, a little trail. Not interested to ride on the street or highway.

Good! You and I are close! I'm 6'5" and...220. Trust me...you need an XR250R or XR400R. Seeing that you are a skinny...the XR250R would kick ass for you! It fits me, and I'm bigger than you. If you can find an XR400R, that would be best. It goes all day on a gallon of gas, and can do those fast gravel country roads all day as fast as you have the balls to do them! It needs nothing but a change of cheap tractor oil (15w 40 Rotella T @$11.00 a gallon) every 10 hours. If anyone tells you any different, they are lying! I check the valves once a year, and never had to adjust them. For what you want to do, these bikes are the best by far! You are a farmboy! The XR is the farmboy bike for you! :thumb:

Good! You and I are close! I'm 6'5" and...220. Trust me...you need an XR250R or XR400R. Seeing that you are a skinny...the XR250R would kick ass for you! It fits me, and I'm bigger than you. If you can find an XR400R, that would be best. It goes all day on a gallon of gas, and can do those fast gravel country roads all day as fast as you have the balls to do them! It needs nothing but a change of cheap tractor oil (15w 40 Rotella T @$11.00 a gallon) every 10 hours. If anyone tells you any different, they are lying! I check the valves once a year, and never had to adjust them. For what you want to do, these bikes are the best by far! You are a farmboy! The XR is the farmboy bike for you! :thumb:

Thanks. its seem hard to find one on internet anywhere near my local. Theres only one in omaha, ne. I have to sell my bike first.