Help me choose a right bike for me

hi everyone, new to this site... I own a 2002 honda CR 125R, its a racer bike but it is not for me, I dont want to break it. I am looking for a bike that can go fast for long distance on gravel, trail, or mudding (almost like street legal bike). or do I have to get a street legal bike? Which bike is the best?
thanks guys.

hi everyone, new to this site... I own a 2002 honda CR 125R, its a racer bike but it is not for me, I dont want to break it. I am looking for a bike that can go fast for long distance on gravel, trail, or mudding (almost like street legal bike). or do I have to get a street legal bike? Which bike is the best?
thanks guys.

FB what is your riding experience? What kind of trails do you ride? How often do you ride?

I'll be completely honest with you, the CR is your best bet :thumb: once a year it might need a new piston kit (150$) and some quick love but a CR125 is the cheapest, easiest thing to work on that can handle the most abuse. Unless you want a bike for the street, change nothing. Got any pics? :thumb:

kawasaki_avatar.gif

Its my first time, I bought it in April 2011. Clutching was a trick one, it always died on me when I release the clutch on first gear, after that while Im getting better. My friends told me that I shouldnt go fast on 5th gear on long long distance, it will break. I want a bike that will not break on 5th gear if goin fast for long distance.

Thats only if you are bouncing off the rev limiter for a long peroid of time. You know, like when the RPMs can't get any higher, like when you wined it out.

I'll be completely honest with you, the CR is your best bet :thumb: once a year it might need a new piston kit (150$) and some quick love but a CR125 is the cheapest, easiest thing to work on that can handle the most abuse. Unless you want a bike for the street, change nothing. Got any pics? :thumb:

no.

Its my first time, I bought it in April 2011. Clutching was a trick one, it always died on me when I release the clutch on first gear, after that while Im getting better. My friends told me that I shouldnt go fast on 5th gear on long long distance, it will break. I want a bike that will not break on 5th gear if goin fast for long distance.

This is true. Two strokes(more specifically small bore and/or highly tuned 2t's, like your 125) do NOT like to be held WFO for long periods. For something like what you seem to want(long, straight, high speed stretches eh?) I'd suggest a 250f, or a woods 2 stroke(KDX 200 or 220, KTM EXC 200, 250, 300..). When you find something you can post it up for our thoughts and opinions to help you decide/get a good bike for you.

Thats only if you are bouncing off the rev limiter for a long peroid of time. You know, like when the RPMs can't get any higher, like when you wined it out.

2 strokes don't have rev limiters. They do(they being MX 2t's) hate being run WFO for long periods(wide open trail riding, gravel roads). And by hate I mean they blow up.

Farmboy- click on the little icon above the box you post in, that looks like a picture(next to the filmstrip). You will get 2 options, downloading from your computer(just find the file) or putting in a URL from a picture.

haha, 140rider 2 stroke DO HAVE A REV LIMITER i hit the rev limiter on my my 125 ALL the time at the track with zero problems

haha, 140rider 2 stroke DO HAVE A REV LIMITER i hit the rev limiter on my my 125 ALL the time at the track with zero problems

they do?

News to me... All bikes(2t's quite obviously) that I've encountered don't, from what I know..

PS- we'll have to agree to disagree, all of what I find states that modern 2's have no limiters, they self regulate, AKA have a point where they cannot rev any farther.

(PSS I need to finalize my thoughts and quit editing:foul:)

For a guy that is just completely new to bikes, you want something that is easy and forgiving to ride, and something that does not require a lot of maintenance. If you are just going to poke around on local trails, climbs, and country roads, I'd look for an 02 to 04 Honda XR250R. (Its a 4 stroke that you can lug down to the last RPM and still go 70mph on) They are bullet proof, torquey, easy and forgiving to ride, require little maintenance, and can go all day in 5th gear on a gallon and a half of gas.

For a guy that is just completely new to bikes, you want something that is easy and forgiving to ride, and something that does not require a lot of maintenance. If you are just going to poke around on local trails, climbs, and country roads, I'd look for an 02 to 04 Honda XR250R. (Its a 4 stroke that you can lug down to the last RPM and still go 70mph on) They are bullet proof, torquey, easy and forgiving to ride, require little maintenance, and can go all day in 5th gear on a gallon and a half of gas.

thanks. would this bike work?
http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/2434854237.html
I know its not enough details about this bike.