Help me choose a bike

I would choose a 125, a newer one if possible. The newer, Yz-125 is modern, you wont get bored with it, and it has an alloy frame to boot. I wouldn't worry about the power output of the machine being that's its not a Cr-500....f7fa2bf9f2a7126f0ab8e76fb2229602.jpg

If you could afford one of these works bike, you truly would be a hit at your local track or trail...honda_rc125m1.jpg yeup the wild and crazy twin 50 cc cylinder Rc- 125, wonder if it still exist.....

It does still exist, I posted up a pic of it a while back sitting in a nice collection of oddball one offs!
You know, Alex, Honda was really on the ball with those bikes. Works bikes were hot back then as you know. The ones that Danny Chandlier, Dave Thorpe, Eric G, rode were so "trick" that the other 3 got smoked on a regular basis. I hear tell a lot of em' were sent to the crusher or desposed of so that the other teams couldn't steal their tech. Back then those Rc works bikes had low boy fuel tanks, I heard a rumor that they had to incorporate fuel pumps to send the fuel to the carbs on em'. And a few were so ingenious on the fuel tanks, that they painted the bottoms of the low cg fuel tanks black to throw off the competition. Now that in my book is the epitomy of coooo! Yamaha's WZM -500 was also a dream bike back then, there are fans out there that are still a-waiting for em'. LOL! Dang it!5925.jpg

After reading all of yours replies, I was looking into four stroke, specifically, YZ250F. So that bike should be fine? I’m 5’7 and 125lbs. I’m still thinking 2stroke or 4stroke. But since all of you say it’s better to go with four stroke for trails, maybe I should listen, you have more experience with dirt bikes than me :P
I have heard people complaining that the YZ250f has poor hearing for trail riding

I have heard people complaining that the YZ250f has poor hearing for trail riding

One of my daughters as well as a buddy of mine have a '14 and '15 respectively, they de tuned their motors fuel mapping and ignition curve, as well as going to 12/51 gearing. They make good woods bikes set up like that.

I used to ride with a guy whos bike of choice was a late 80’s cr500. Destroyed mountain trails for years on that thing, no helmet, backwards hat no eye protection. Didn’t eat roost, cause he was always in front of everyone and didn’t waste time getting there. Dude was like 5’5” skinny old bald beaded fool who would blow my mind with top gear one handed wheelies down fire roads. #90%rider