Help me choose a bike

I’m a 17 (soon 18) old girl, I’m a little less than 5’7” and 127lbs.
I want to buy a KTM, I’m thinking SX 85. Is that bike too small for me (talking about height), or should I go to SX 125?

I have some experience with riding dirt bikes.

Thanks in advance.

How much experience and what is your goal?
Do you know how to use a clutch or 5spd manual transmission?

Nearest shop a few hours away means learn how to work on bike, OR buy bike that doesn’t need frequent maintenance.
MX racebike for trails and goofing off in the field by your house?
Trail 4 stroke.

or do whatever you want.

How much experience and what is your goal?
Do you know how to use a clutch or 5spd manual transmission?

I rode 2 stroke for about 2/3 years, rode it in woods, on trails, I couldn’t go to mx track cause bike was Chinese and it said that bike can’t take jumping or bigger bumps.

I’d ride it on tracks and woods, but I’m thinking of trying few laps on mx track, never tried it before, maybe I would like it:P

Yes, I do know how to use clutch:)

I rode 2 stroke for about 2/3 years, rode it in woods, on trails, I couldn’t go to mx track cause bike was Chinese and it said that bike can’t take jumping or bigger bumps.

I’d ride it on tracks and woods, but I’m thinking of trying few laps on mx track, never tried it before, maybe I would like it:P

Yes, I do know how to use clutch:)

riding a yz in the woods may prove difficult.... It is an Mx bike and meant for high rpms. Also a lot more maintenance than a china bike...... I'm having a hard time thinking of the right bike. I normally recommend a Yamaha TTR 230 for someone like you but I think you might become bored with it.... Maybe the honda crf 250x.

If you want a KTM then check out the 200 exc, it’s a good woods bike, it might be s little tall, but you can drop the seat height by backing off the preload on the rear spring, my daughter is 5’5” and 125 pounds. She has ridden a KTM 300 and 200, and a Kx 125, currently owns a yz250f and does well. Basically whatever you get you can set it up to your own liking.

If you want a KTM then check out the 200 exc, it’s a good woods bike, it might be s little tall, but you can drop the seat height by backing off the preload on the rear spring, my daughter is 5’5” and 125 pounds. She has ridden a KTM 300 and 200, and a Kx 125, currently owns a yz250f and does well. Basically whatever you get you can set it up to your own liking.

After reading all of yours replies, I was looking into four stroke, specifically, YZ250F. So that bike should be fine? I’m 5’7 and 125lbs. I’m still thinking 2stroke or 4stroke. But since all of you say it’s better to go with four stroke for trails, maybe I should listen, you have more experience with dirt bikes than me :P

I’m not a 4 stroke fan, to each their own though. However one thing you need to be careful of with a 4 stroke is water, ingesting water into a 2 stroke is an inconvenience, on a 4t it is a real bummer, in some cases you can bend a rod. Also the gearing on the YZf is high for woods and hills. Be prepared to change sprockets if you ride those types of trails.

After reading all of yours replies, I was looking into four stroke, specifically, YZ250F. So that bike should be fine? I’m 5’7 and 125lbs. I’m still thinking 2stroke or 4stroke. But since all of you say it’s better to go with four stroke for trails, maybe I should listen, you have more experience with dirt bikes than me :P
I would not say that at all. My vote is still a 2T over 100cc from any major manufacturer. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I’m not a 4 stroke fan, to each their own though. However one thing you need to be careful of with a 4 stroke is water, ingesting water into a 2 stroke is an inconvenience, on a 4t it is a real bummer, in some cases you can bend a rod. Also the gearing on the YZf is high for woods and hills. Be prepared to change sprockets if you ride those types of trails.
And remember a 4stroke is way more expensive to rebuild if the engine goes bad!
What’s your budget for buying a bike?

Here is something that might wet all of your appetites!

https://www.ktm.com/enduro/150-xc-w/

Can you get these in the states?

Light, torquey, 2T, a Kaboom, over 100cc, and ready to race.

I like it and would buy one for my step daughter if she were 18ish and ready to ride some technical stuff.