Hatfield McCoy Trails

I think before I venture so far away from home I will check into more local places. I found an mx track very close that has some trails too. I didn't see anything about a fee to ride.

i get to travel pretty frequently and there are lots of things you can buy cheaper elsewhere. Living overall when you compare us to where i came from in calif is actually less. once we get a state sales tax, and income tax that will change. property and the taxes on the taxes turn that around pretty fast. most of us up here make more money so we have more in the end. there are always the exceptions though

Yeah, that fee goes to helping maintain the trails and open new trails. Plus it pays the cops and judges off. From my understanding the whole area around the trail system is off-road friendly. Meaning you can jump off the trails, ride down the roads to stores and get fuel, drinks and foods. That's an out of state fee too. WV'ers pay a lot less I think. I ride in the Cumberland mountains in TN couple times a year and it cost me 30 in state pays like $10.

I ride Daniel Boone national forest here and in some places it's free and some trail systems it $7. I'll gladly pay $7 as long as it keeps them open to riding.

It is worth it to do it. Steve could tell you about how many other sports get some really large support from public money than power sports do also have no fees attached.

i get to travel pretty frequently and there are lots of things you can buy cheaper elsewhere. Living overall when you compare us to where i came from in calif is actually less. once we get a state sales tax, and income tax that will change. property and the taxes on the taxes turn that around pretty fast. most of us up here make more money so we have more in the end. there are always the exceptions though

Give it a year or two and watch sales and property taxes go up as well as a new state income tax probably take the dividend as well. All the while instead of cutting, our state legislatures will spend spend spend.

Give it a year or two and watch sales and property taxes go up as well as a new state income tax probably take the dividend as well. All the while instead of cutting, our state legislatures will spend spend spend.
AK is only state I know that pays it residents to live there. When the gubberment makes more money from the natural resources from the land than they do off the sweat of the workers back and there is more land than per capita than any other state why would they charge to ride?

AK is only state I know that pays it residents to live there. When the gubberment makes more money from the natural resources from the land than they do off the sweat of the workers back and there is more land than per capita than any other state why would they charge to ride?

If we had the same cost of living as most of the lower 48 has and gave up the divedend we would come out ahead or at least I would.

I guess I am on the cranky old man list. For me you can take everyone up here off the payout list, and maybe a lot of them would leave. Fewer would come. then if we could kill our department of tourism. Next would be our light in the shoes state legislator that decided it would be a good idea to give tax credits to film companies that would shoot films up here. Get us back under Wyoming's population again.

Last edited:
I guess I am on the cranky old man list. For me you can take everyone up here off the payout list, and maybe a lot of them would leave. Fewer would come. then if we could kill our department of tourism. Next would be our light in the shoes state legislator that decided it would be a good idea to give tax credits to film companies that would shoot films up here. Get us back under Wyoming's population again.

I thought we all ready 86'd the tax credit for filmmakers recently.

They did. Basically, letting them sell the tax credits made it possible to be profitable whether the film even sold. That and if you look at all the out of state poachers it brought we took it in the shorts. of course the man who got it passed and finally got some kind of relevance was willing in the shorts dept.