Hatfield McCoy Trails

I think jmach has. My boss goes a few times a year with some DS buddies. I hear it's great but I think it's like $50 for a one day pass. :crazy:

$50 to ride on dirt?.......is the dirt in West Virginia some kind of special dirt? Does it have magical properties that somehow make one a better rider, or maybe it can miraculously heal Injuries inflicted by falling off the bike? Or could it be that after falling the dirt somehow prevents injuries thru some kind of special supernatural dirt powers?
I do believe them Hatfield's and McCoy's are laughing all the way to the bank.

$50 to ride on dirt?.......is the dirt in West Virginia some kind of special dirt? Does it have magical properties that somehow make one a better rider, or maybe it can miraculously heal Injuries inflicted by falling off the bike? Or could it be that after falling the dirt somehow prevents injuries thru some kind of special supernatural dirt powers?

$40 to $50 to ride the MX tracks here too.

Yeah, that fee goes to helping maintain the trails and open new trails. Plus it pays the cops and judges off. From my understanding the whole area around the trail system is off-road friendly. Meaning you can jump off the trails, ride down the roads to stores and get fuel, drinks and foods. That's an out of state fee too. WV'ers pay a lot less I think. I ride in the Cumberland mountains in TN couple times a year and it cost me 30 in state pays like $10.

I ride Daniel Boone national forest here and in some places it's free and some trail systems it $7. I'll gladly pay $7 as long as it keeps them open to riding.

Last edited:
Ha! I initially thought the same thing. It's definitely expensive. Our local trail systems are priced close to that. One towards the coast is $15. I just need to buy some land ...

the local track in my town does not have a fee, and there are no maintained trails that require fees in the state to my knowledge. But don't worry, our other bills and costs are usually more than enough to compensate for the before mentioned savings.