Harley thread.... I see a lot of guys with Harley comments post pics here.

I see a lot off posts from guys about harleys post the pics here if this thread already exist then set this on fire. I could find one. I will start..

Here is my daily rider..
DSC_0003-10.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0012-2.jpg

Here is one I built from the ground up. This frame was a frame my father in law got hit by a car with. I put it in my jig and straightened it out then painted it green.

DSC_0004-8.jpg

DSC_0002-6.jpg

And then here is an assembly picture with my ugly mug in it

DSC_0013-1.jpg
Those are the definition of pure badarsery! Beautiful man, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

No it is just a hobby that I have, and a way for my father in law and I to spend time together. The truck is my daily driver. Right now it is my only mode of transportation beside the bikes. We have slowed down a lot since the economy crashed.

No it is just a hobby that I have, and a way for my father in law and I to spend time together. The truck is my daily driver. Right now it is my only mode of transportation beside the bikes. We have slowed down a lot since the economy crashed.
Ahhhhh, it's still cool though. I showed my dad the bike pictures and he pointed out the truck, it's cool stuff man. I wish I could something like that, especially for a living. That's why I asked

Yah I did it for a while just to fund the hobby. I got really burned out on people. Everybody wants stuff for free. Or they think you are trying to rip them off for charging them to do good work. It really took all the fun out of building. That is why I used the sayings. "nothing is impossible its just expensive." and "if you can find it cheaper somewhere else I can fix it." When I was doing it as a hobby it was incredibly fun, and I met some awesome people, but when it became a job it was no longer fun. And also it seemed that every weekend all my buddies were riding because I worked on their shit and put mine aside. I was home on the weekend trying to get mine running.

Also the truck is cool but it became a necessity as we had a lot of break downs in the beginning and loading those bikes into the back of a F 350 with 35's is no fun. So we had to build the truck to get our bikes home.

Yah I did it for a while just to fund the hobby. I got really burned out on people. Everybody wants stuff for free. Or they think you are trying to rip them off for charging them to do good work. It really took all the fun out of building. That is why I used the sayings. "nothing is impossible its just expensive." and "if you can find it cheaper somewhere else I can fix it." When I was doing it as a hobby it was incredibly fun, and I met some awesome people, but when it became a job it was no longer fun. And also it seemed that every weekend all my buddies were riding because I worked on their shit and put mine aside. I was home on the weekend trying to get mine running.

Also the truck is cool but it became a necessity as we had a lot of break downs in the beginning and loading those bikes into the back of a F 350 with 35's is no fun. So we had to build the truck to get our bikes home.
I can see how that is, when someone knows what you can do, they ask for your service, but they don't plan on paying for it. Having to do something is far different than just doing it for fun. remember coloring back in the 3rd grade? Or pro racing, a lot of guys get burned out HAVING to do something whether it's fun or not.

Here is what happens when you "push the envelope" or be stupid and trust someone else's work. This is catastrophic frame failure at 65 MPH. three of the four rear frame legs broke. The only thing that kept the wheel in was the chain. I have never had head shake like I did on this day and I hope I never do again. Luckily I got it slowed down and off to the side of the road with no issues but it could have been a huge yard sale.

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

Yep I bought this bike off somebody in SOCAL. I brought it back up did a once over. I saw the patch on the lower frame rail and thought it was all good. I knew i should have tore it down and looked at it but I was excited and wanted to ride my new toy. Everybody says you learn from your mistakes, but some mistakes can put you in the ground. So now I check everything I didnt do and I dont trust anybody to work on my stuff. I do it all myself unless it takes equipment I dont have.

Wow that thing is totally rusted out, even I can see that mistake, that was someone else's work?

I sawthe same thing...appears the frame was sitting around in pieces before it got welded back up allowing for the corosion to set in... (@ PSJ) Glad to see nothing serious resulted from it! :eek:.... :thumb: