GPS Related Topics - DO NOT POST GPS LINKS - If you want to share tracks send via PM!

I am looking for the best set up to mount my Garmin 60CSX. Does anyone have any suggestions and links to companies that sell mounting brackets? I keep hearing use a RAM Mount. I guess I could "google" it but what fun is that? :noidea:

I am looking for the best set up to mount my Garmin 60CSX. Does anyone have any suggestions and links to companies that sell mounting brackets? I keep hearing use a RAM Mount. I guess I could "google" it but what fun is that? :noidea:

I saw a Ram getting mounted once - Trust me Rack - you do not want to get mounted by a Ram........:P

I use the plastic Ram mount sold by many, has a ball that mounts to the bars and quik releases the rest of the stuff. It cost me about $30 delivered with all the parts.

I am using the mount suplied by Garmin when I bought my 60CSX. It has a handle bar mount and a the units bracket. I used the extra lanyard (string) in case I dropped the bike. Its been there since day one and has never been dislodged.

GPS is for weaklings. Learn to navigate the old fashioned way. It's what "real men" do.

I do have a 60csx. If I ever put it on the bars I'm sure I would destroy it. So far I've only had to use it once on a night ride, when I got off the track a bit.

I have kept mine in the back pack. It recently helped me locate a drowned KTM :eek:
GPS is for weaklings. Learn to navigate the old fashioned way. It's what "real men" do.

I do have a 60csx. If I ever put it on the bars I'm sure I would destroy it. So far I've only had to use it once on a night ride, when I got off the track a bit.

I know how the tracks and trails in Arizona, California and New Mexico look like or at least, what they potray...usually, riding on known trail does not need GPS, but when u r riding on an unknown trail , especially in a rainforest...where u can't see more than 100 feet away, u will need a GPS...

I am an ex cop and i use to be in the jungle forces...jungle forces is similar to the army, the only thing is that we are cops and we fight the commies in the jungles..(we gather intelligence and we also do mopping up exercises..The AR15 or M16 was my wife with 400 rounds of ammo, my browning hi power was my youger bro with 50 rounds of 9mm, and 4 grenades was my gramma) and i am trained to do orienteering and also navigating using topo maps. I do not get lost when I have these maps, compass and my simple navigating tools...but GPS makes it easier...and the 60CSX allows u to backtrail...u are never lost...this allows more fun for riding.