Got myself a street bike

Awesome. You said the noise was rod ends slapping the crank? Is the crank ok?
Haven't taken the rods off yet but im running it either way, can't really get parts for these anymore and it woulden't be worth it anyways. I would imagine the bearing would wear alot quicker than the crank would though right?

9:00 am update:
Tranny swapped over to new case. 2 rod bearings were also swapped out. One was completely toast and the other started to have some play from the bearing pitting:

New case with the tranny and chain sliders in:
DSC00202.JPG

Old case that has a broken oilpump mount sitting on the floor:
DSC00203.JPG

The REALLY bad bearing from the outter right side piston. Keep in mind these are not supposed to have a lip and are supposed to have 2 holes for the oil passage:
DSC00204.JPGDSC00206.JPGDSC00208.JPG

The other set of bad bearings weren't near as bad:
DSC00209.JPG

There really wasn't much if any scoring on the crank. And even if the crank is bad its not like there is much i can do about it. Im just gonna throw the bitch back together and run it or sell it

I need to grab some pics for y'all but so far:
New rod bearing are in
Cases are back together
Both heads are in and cam's are in time and such
Oil lines are on
Clutch is in
90% of water lines are on

Just need to put the carbs back on before i put the motor back into the frame. The only problem i forsee is i seem to be missing an oilpump bolt but i can put everything but the clutch cover, oil pan, and exhaust on before i have to worry about that so i'll see if i can clean up some around the garage and find it. Like i said i'll try to snap some pics tomorrow :thumb: