Gorman Shake Down Ride

Glad to see your bike is running Sun!

Thanks Geek. I look forward to us riding together again. Hopefully the starts will align and it wil happen.

Not that I am agreeing with the dude on the XT, but Msgretired should have back it down a little while coming onto traffic. Plus look at all those guys scattered everywhere, you can tell that they are not savvy off-road riders, so I would have been putting pass those clumps of riders until I was clear. This coalition would have never happened. Just saying. But another reason I am not a fan of Gorman.

I agree if he were going a little slower "perhaps" it could have been avoided but really, I dont think he was going terribly fast considering it is a wide open trail and the fact you can see far ahead. It just goes to show even in the wide open, even with heads directly facing one another, you cant assume anything. I can see how Msgrtretired assumed he was seen and that the guy was going to move over, afterall it was the other guy on the wrong side of the trail.

Im also not a fan of Gorman's idiot and head on risk factors but, I cant afford to head out to the desert for every ride. And to be honest, I actually enjoy some of the trails there easy, peasy or otherwise. So often Gorman or Rowher it is for me with my fingers crossed and a prayer.

I also hope you do someday.

Good times indeedy.

It feels great to be back. Ya, 13:36 was pure blond at its best. Oh wait, that was forgetting to turn the gas on:lol:

I think it hasnt changed a lick since then. Maybe a few more fences up where people had been forging new trails:devil: A few of the trails we went on are not on the map but clearly you can see they are established. Have fun with the Titan group:thumb: Look out for the crazy quaders tank'd and speeding out of control. For that matter the bikes too! Just saw this clip of Msgretired's head on there:shocked: It blew me away, the guy in this video has the nerve to blame Msgretired. THIS is why I dont ride weekends there. Not that it doesnt happen weekday but it is 10 fold on the weekends.

Finally had time to watch the head on video. At the 29 or 30 second mark he clearly sees the guy on the wrong side of the trail and even comments. Why in the world would you not get on the brakes to save yourself at least get off of the trail.

Who knows! But I bet they still would have hit even if he had slowed down some. Its not so much who's right or wrong here although someone IS on the wrong side, and someone MAY be going a little fast. Perhaps there was some fixation involved, who knows?:noidea: This is just something to keep in mind from all different prospectives. Often riding Gorman on those whinding trails with tight banked turns, riders are on the wrong side ALL OF THE TIME. And often going a little fast using their momentum to get up something. I think it is natural to use the banks. Just as it is natural to sometimes need a little speed on some turns. Which is why Gorman should be mostly one way if you ask me. Anyhow, I didnt mean to create a right or wrong here, even though I did sort of "wrong" the other rider in my post:busted: My apologies. It's more about be cautious and seeing what can happen when your not.

Good times indeedy.

It feels great to be back. Ya, 13:36 was pure blond at its best. Oh wait, that was forgetting to turn the gas on:lol:

I think it hasnt changed a lick since then. Maybe a few more fences up where people had been forging new trails:devil: A few of the trails we went on are not on the map but clearly you can see they are established. Have fun with the Titan group:thumb: Look out for the crazy quaders tank'd and speeding out of control. For that matter the bikes too! Just saw this clip of Msgretired's head on there:shocked: It blew me away, the guy in this video has the nerve to blame Msgretired. THIS is why I dont ride weekends there. Not that it doesnt happen weekday but it is 10 fold on the weekends.

glad to see you came out of it unhurt. gotta wonder what goes thru peoples minds like that guys...wrong side, he even tried going farther right to avoid you.

I have noticed one thing, the more skilled, the faster you want to ride and do ride. Riding isnt satisfying to a lot of people if they arnt riding at a good pace. Im sure many here are guilty of it and know exactly what Im talking about. We all talk about squids moves, or say beginners or squids need to get out of the way, but sometimes the faster, more skilled rider is the cause of the accident or, greater impact. Perhaps two squids colliding at a slower pace wouldnt be so bad:noidea:
Some say ride the forest and get away from the squids. Well then be prepared for twice the impact. More likely both riders will be going faster with a slightly better chance they will be able to get around one another or stop in time.

Who knows?! It is all fuel for thought.

glad to see you came out of it unhurt. gotta wonder what goes thru peoples minds like that guys...wrong side, he even tried going farther right to avoid you.

This wasnt me thank god. This was a clip of Msgretied's ride at Gorman a few weeks ago.

Finally had time to watch the head on video. At the 29 or 30 second mark he clearly sees the guy on the wrong side of the trail and even comments. Why in the world would you not get on the brakes to save yourself at least get off of the trail.
I slowed form 28 MPH to 6 at impact. The side of the trail was a good foot and a half up and bush riddled. yes. I could of stopped, walked my bike around the fool. but damn it. I slowed to 6 mph, and stayed to my right. the quads were behind him blockiing the left route. at least the fool flew off his bike.

also. when I did slow I looked at all the escape routes. right was blocked by bushed and an step up, not an option at a slow 6mph. left was blocked by two quads approaching. I could of stopped, could of sped up, could of stayed in the stagin area doing donuts. but I didn't. I stayed right, he had room for his correct side, but didn't take it.

Good times indeedy.

i would have a hard time keeping my cool in that situation... sounded like some essay homeboy giving you mouth about his idiot friend.

i would have a hard time keeping my cool in that situation... sounded like some essay homeboy giving you mouth about his idiot friend.
I have to agree here, I would have been one pissed motorcycle rider. :foul: I do not have a whole lot of patience for stupid's riding bikes, quads or anything else that has an engine. I will also admit that when I see riders, especially quad tards, I will sometimes stop until they are well passed me and my fellow riders, as I have seen too many times this kind of stupidity. I have several times tried to cautiously pass tards going the same direction only to have them decide to hang a u turn and never look over their shoulder just as I approach to pass. :noidea: Keep them away from me.

sounded like some essay homeboy giving you mouth about his idiot friend.
I have experienced these homeboy types on the trails before as they sit there and drink their Buds. They talk all ghetto and then they throw the beer cans off in the bushes as though that is perfectly okay. I want to do some whoopass on them right there.

I have experienced these homeboy types on the trails before as they sit there and drink their Buds. They talk all ghetto and then they throw the beer cans off in the bushes as though that is perfectly okay. I want to do some whoopass on them right there.

Can I sell tickets for the whoopass show?
Great RR sun. good to see a smile and repaired bike!!!

im not a big (just fat)guy but ive surprised a few with how well i move my weight around :smirk: I got your back if that shit ever happens in front of a ride we are together on :thumb: