Gorman Shake Down Ride

It was a perfect day! My new rebuilt bike ran great! Also the company was great and the ride was fantastic:thumb:

52 miles with Msgtretired, Spkrman, Cory and Diana.

Diana decided to join last minute and what a great surprise! I have never met her before. She is a really cool lady close to my age (even slightly older,:smirk:) an awesome rider:hail: and she rides a 2 smoke KDX 220 and has a XR400. She is not much of a forum person so I doubt you will see her here but who knows? For that matter I was lucky as heck she reached out period. I had no idea she was a female until she showed up. Needless to say she and I will be riding together in the future and we were thrilled to find one another. Hopefully someday she will be riding with some of you DBA'ers also.

It was a pefect day....
Highlights:
Minute 5:50 The "Buttcrack" trail :devil:
Minute 11:35 The "river bed" trail:devil:
Minute 12:10 Spkrman falls. Ouch! on the shoulder:crash:

Minute 13:36 Dork move and I couldnt get leverage :blush:

and lots of minutes inbetween with fast trails and a couple of other unmarked.

Beats the hell out of working:smirk:

A smooth and fun day!
:cheers: Thank you Spkrman and Msgtretired

Is that Buttcrack trail a one way trail? Looks like it should be with all those blind turns. You guys had a great day of weather for this ride. Glad you bike is up and running. :thumb:

I actually have not been to Gorman in many years as the time I was there I did not like it at all, mainly because of how many squids were there. It looks like a decent place to ride if you go on the weekdays as I see no other traffic there.

Yes, it really can be a fun place to ride during the week. Although more one way trails would be nice. You really dont want to be there on a weekend or if you are, dont ride in front. It is major squidville AKA Quadalajara or Quadalupe. The "Buttcrack" is an unmarked trail. You cant really tell how narrow and tight it is in this video "butt," it is. And probably my favorite trail there. It can be a fun mix of everything at Gorman. Especially if you know a few of those fun unmarked trails. It is also a fun place because you have the LPNF right there when it is open. Often if you ride the LPNF your almost too spent to do much of the park area "butt," it is a great weekday place to camp over night and be able to get a mix of everything when the LPNF IS open.

Perhaps someday you will go back and be plesantly surprised. Let me know if you do:thumb:

While you were in the butt crack (:devil:that sounds weird) did I notice different trails going in different directions or were they exit trails or ???

Nice vid ... looked lke fun. I can feel your pain on the DORK move...that's how it was with me on almsot every switch back up there. Not enough momentum. :foul:

While you were in the butt crack (:devil:that sounds weird) did I notice different trails going in different directions or were they exit trails or ???

Nice vid ... looked lke fun. I can feel your pain on the DORK move...that's how it was with me on almsot every switch back up there. Not enough momentum. :foul:

Thanks Rez. Wish I could say I was moving and lost momentum:blush:instead I just fell over parked off camber. Im not sure if those were exit trails or not because I always want to ride the "butt crack" to the very end:lol: (that sounded even worse.) I suspect some of them are exit trails given some people probably get into the "crack" and then want out of it. Butt crack opens up a little in a couple of places then gets tight again. It is a little confusing all the trails around that specific area. It is a small area of fun trails IF you know which ones to take and how to find them. Msgtretired took us on some good ones.

looks a lot different than i remember, havn't been there in like 5 years though. Hopefully going for a 4x trip with some Titan guys on the 22nd though

That is just awesome Sun :thumb: Someday, somehow I'd love to run trails like that !!!!!!!!!!

I also hope you do someday.

looks like good times were had. Wish i was there on that one.

Good times indeedy.

13:36 CRACKED me up :lol:

Looks like y'all had fun :thumb: glad to see you back in action!

It feels great to be back. Ya, 13:36 was pure blond at its best. Oh wait, that was forgetting to turn the gas on:lol:

looks a lot different than i remember, havn't been there in like 5 years though. Hopefully going for a 4x trip with some Titan guys on the 22nd though

I think it hasnt changed a lick since then. Maybe a few more fences up where people had been forging new trails:devil: A few of the trails we went on are not on the map but clearly you can see they are established. Have fun with the Titan group:thumb: Look out for the crazy quaders tank'd and speeding out of control. For that matter the bikes too! Just saw this clip of Msgretired's head on there:shocked: It blew me away, the guy in this video has the nerve to blame Msgretired. THIS is why I dont ride weekends there. Not that it doesnt happen weekday but it is 10 fold on the weekends.

I think it hasnt changed a lick since then. Maybe a few more fences up where people had been forging new trails:devil: A few of the trails we went on are not on the map but clearly you can see they are established. Have fun with the Titan group:thumb: Look out for the crazy quaders tank'd and speeding out of control. For that matter the bikes too! Just saw this clip of Msgretired's head on there:shocked: It blew me away, the guy in this video has the nerve to blame Msgretired. THIS is why I dont ride weekends there. Not that it doesnt happen weekday but it is 10 fold on the weekends.
Not that I am agreeing with the dude on the XT, but Msgretired should have back it down a little while coming onto traffic. Plus look at all those guys scattered everywhere, you can tell that they are not savvy off-road riders, so I would have been putting pass those clumps of riders until I was clear. This coalition would have never happened. Just saying. But another reason I am not a fan of Gorman.