South Gorman - Park & Forest: Nov 3-4 2012

Tommy got there Thursday and parked at LOWER SCRUB OAKS. Look for his White full size RV and a KTM.

Feel Free to go for an AM RIDE without me. I'll be there and ready to ride Saturday at 10AM.

I will keep checking for anyone that goes to Upper Scrub Oaks as originally planned... but for now GO TO LOWER SCRUB OAKS and look for Tommy's White Full Size RV.

See you guys soon !

So yesterday was a blast. It my was brothers, our friends and I first time ever riding Hungry Valley OHV so we weren't sure what to expect. We got to the lower scrub oaks campground early at like 8:45 and saw a few other groups already staged and ready to go (All of who have orange bikes :banana::P) . I didn't see Jeff so I wasn't sure if everyone on that side of the campground was from the Riders group and was kind of shy to go ask them lol So in the mean time, we unloaded our scooters and suited up. Right after we got suited up, I see a van pull in to the campgrounds and drive on the far side of the campground where others are staged. I immediately thought it was Jeff, so I figured I'd ride over and tell him lets get the ride going. Well as I approached the van, a young skinny tall kid walked from the van and I immediately knew it wasn't Jeff :smirk: So to save myself embarrassment I simply rode on the outskirts of the campsite to leave and tell my brother and friend that it wasn't Jeff. Those of you know who've stayed at Hungry valley know that all the campgrounds have little trails on the outer edges of them that people sometimes ride on, and thats the one I rode on. I wasn't trying to ride into their paths or the middle of their campsite, but on the extreme outer edge to not disturb them. So not thinking much, I actually stop to go to the bathroom quick and hear my brother arguing with someone via our bluetooth helmet sets. I look back and see my bro out there with a group of 3 guys telling them to calm down etc. So I ride over to see what was going on. Turns out, just as I rode past the other guys campsite, the tall kid went up from behind me and started swinging his arm at me and yelling several obscenities, that's when my brother approached them. So we tried to tell the tall kid that it was an accident (his two friends were calm and polite) but being young and hot headed he didn't get it so we just rode away as we aren't one to start something over nothing. Crazy to think that people flip out out that easily over nothing. Gives riders bad names.

Then I head back to the restroom and start speaking to one of the other riders (Harvey) staged in the middle of the campground. He was very nice and was complementing my new scooter and was saying he was interested in switching over to one from his 200xcw. He then asks me if I was there for the Riders group and I said yes. Worked out perfect, he introduced me to the rest of the gang and we all decided to go on a ride since Jeff hadn't showed yet. It was 6 of us on the late morning ride that went from about 10am to about 1:30pm. It was a blast. The trails were awesome and the scenery was great too. The pace was perfect and my buddy did very well and actually surprised me on how quick he got the hang of things again since he has not ridden in several months. Everyone was very friendly and exchanged some numbers for some future rides. Not sure exactly what trails we rode since I'm not very familiar with the area but I know that we rode most one way trails and a couple that went along the 5 freeway as well as through the center of the park near the big power lines.

I snapped a couple quick pics with my cell camera but unfortunately did not have any helmet cam video since I forgot to charge my battery. Here they are.

At the end of the day, we packed up and drove over to Weathergeek's restaurant for a nice lunch. Again food was amazing, but I'm mad at my bro still for not giving me some of his mac and cheese! lol Timing was perfect since Bruce (WG) pulled into the parking lot when we did. Caught up with him as I pigged out on my spicy tri-tip sandwich :) Good seeing you again Bruce!

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg