Going out on a limb here asking about dual sports

I found a thread on TT where they were talking if the bike is already titled an offroad motorcycle there is no way to title it to a street motorcycle.... I guess I'd have to call the DMV to find out for sure huh? But that's what I loved is a plated kdx :drool: those 4 strokes are tooooo heavy
If you're hoping for good mileage a non scooter 2t isn't it.

I'd recommend a DR 350. Heavy yes, but should be more powerful than a crf, and the parts and bikes are cheap and abundant.

If you're hoping for good mileage a non scooter 2t isn't it.

I'd recommend a DR 350. Heavy yes, but should be more powerful than a crf, and the parts and bikes are cheap and abundant.

Only reason I'd get a plated bike would be trail hopping convenience.

Ahh. Well than if it's possible a plated smoker is fine. I'd still go for something factory DS'd though. Less work(don't need to add or upgrade the lighting coil, possibly add a battery, yada yada... Unless you wanna go the lazy RMATVMC route)

Ahh. Well than if it's possible a plated smoker is fine. I'd still go for something factory DS'd though. Less work(don't need to add or upgrade the lighting coil, possibly add a battery, yada yada... Unless you wanna go the lazy RMATVMC route)

I have a klr250 and the thought of taking that thing on the trails is scary, to tall and heavy.

If it makes a difference, maybe more power would help? the DR is rated at 30 hp while the KLR(i seem to remember it being a 90's model) is only rated at 23. It also has a different frame design.

Just food for thought. Remember a KDX is also a heavy bike and from personal experience is also pretty tall.... and I'm 5'11"

If a KLR250 is too big and scary for tight singletrack for you then you might as well give up the idea of a decent 4 stroke for DS duties....
unless you want to go down the road of the little Honda 230 or 250 DS bikes.... For years DS bikes have been big-piggie kind of bikes, or in today's bikes drop $9k and buy a 2013 KTM350 DS, it's a kick-ass machine, weighs in at 255lbs....
I've owned quite a few DS bikes (7 total) from KTM's to ATK's to Aprillia's to Honda's there all big bikes......
Sorry, but all the high-tech enduro or DS bikes have the same seat height as you KLR..... Sounds like a short inseem problem here...
Good luck
M

I have a klr250 and the thought of taking that thing on the trails is scary, to tall and heavy.

Yeah my oldest rides kdx 200 and at 5' 11 and 150 soaking wet he struggles to pick it up on a side of a hill when he dumps it. It is a pig compared to my rm250 IMO

CRF230L or the New CRF250L

I wonder how my habit of just pinning it and hoping to buffs out is going to work with whichever one I buy :thinking: