Going out on a limb here asking about dual sports

Well it seems that it's really hard to find a place to camp and ride from your camp site here and the lovely sunshine state. After an argument with my mom today about where we were going to camp and ride after making a reservation 6 miles from the nearest trail head :picard: I started thinking about what if I had a plated bike? So with that being said would I be insane giving up my 2 strokes for a plated 4 stroke? And if I did such a thing what would be the most light weight best performing bike for me?

Well it seems that it's really hard to find a place to camp and ride from your camp site here and the lovely sunshine state. After an argument with my mom today about where we were going to camp and ride after making a reservation 6 miles from the nearest trail head :picard: I started thinking about what if I had a plated bike? So with that being said would I be insane giving up my 2 strokes for a plated 4 stroke? And if I did such a thing what would be the most light weight best performing bike for me?
light weight and best performing, probably wr250 dual sport version, if you are going big bore, KLR 650 if you are keeping it cheap. Maybe a yamaha TW200 if you want something goofy. Also KLX250s, if you can find one reasonable. Here 4-5 year old bikes are going for MORE than what they retailed for in their respective new model year :bonk:

light weight and best performing, probably wr250 dual sport version, if you are going big bore, KLR 650 if you are keeping it cheap. Maybe a yamaha TW200 if you want something goofy. Also KLX250s, if you can find one reasonable. Here 4-5 year old bikes are going for MORE than what they retailed for in their respective new model year :bonk:

Why do plated bikes have to be such heavy pigs? I just did some research on getting a street title for a bike that was originally ohv and apparently the only way to get around it here in Florida is to get it titled in a different state and have it transferred :cry:

Honda makes a CRF230L plated bike the same height as the 150 trail. Although, this bike isn't real light, just the lowest to the ground, but you'll still be able to pick it up. Would it be more fun? Not for me, but mabey you. Would it be crazy? Not the least bit.
CRF230L_Tech_at_Torrence_Honda_Facility.jpgimages.jpg

that's ridiculous. I pay $100 a year for my plated TTR. DS bikes are normally cheaper on insurance.
Street bikes, and if I recall Emily isn't over 18, so your rates are also different. Also to add I'm sure you've had motorcycle insurance and plated bikes for a longer period of time.

I'd rather sell my bikes and never ride again :smirk: Joking, I don't know what to do I'm having riding issues
Those crf230's would actually be a really good DS. And also insurance is so cheap on bikes. For my 500 sport bike at age 15 its 111 a year for bare minimum

Looks like Florida makes it tough, but not impossible to plate a dirt bike. You might want to find a local who has done it. I've seen reports that it is possible. That way you could get a KDX, a RMX or an pre 98 two stroke WR and have a plated two stroke. It may take a bit of work, but like they say if there is a will there is a way.

Looks like Florida makes it tough, but not impossible to plate a dirt bike. You might want to find a local who has done it. I've seen reports that it is possible. That way you could get a KDX, a RMX or an pre 98 two stroke WR and have a plated two stroke. It may take a bit of work, but like they say if there is a will there is a way.

I found a thread on TT where they were talking if the bike is already titled an offroad motorcycle there is no way to title it to a street motorcycle.... I guess I'd have to call the DMV to find out for sure huh? But that's what I loved is a plated kdx :drool: those 4 strokes are tooooo heavy

Street bikes, and if I recall Emily isn't over 18, so your rates are also different. Also to add I'm sure you've had motorcycle insurance and plated bikes for a longer period of time.
DS's and nonsquid bikes are cheap to insure. For anyone. Though obviously the older you get the lower it goes, like everything else.
Hmmmmmmm, I just can't imagine a crf230 being fun in the trails
Wide open trails it could be OK but get into something technical it'd suck. Especially for someone small like you.