Getting in the "zone".

I love riding in the zone at the track, I post my best lap times and I can ride for a solid ten laps before i feel like I should stop for some water. It's the orgasim of motocross (atleast for me anyways). But, this year I just has found it harder to get into my zone. I used to be able to everytime I got out there. Now I'm lucky if I get it one moto out of two ridding days. Any tips on how I can achieve the "zone"? :ride:

I thought this was an Auto Zone commercial....

Carry on.......
:lol:

I'm not a motorcrosser, and could never understand going around a track and hitting the same line over and over, but everybody has their thing. Getting into the "Zone" for me is making sure your bike is properly dialed in and your mind is clear of all other things. I am a desert guy and I have had days where I was not meshing with my bike and battling it for 100 miles which is not good at the speeds I use to ride at. When I worked on getting a good night sleep, eating right and clearing my mind of all other things, that is when my bike and I become one and the desert floor turned into a fast and fun roller coaster. The main thing you need to do is be super loose and you will see a difference.

:lol:

I'm not a motorcrosser, and could never understand going around a track and hitting the same line over and over, but everybody has their thing. Getting into the "Zone" for me is making sure your bike is properly dialed in and your mind is clear of all other things. I am a desert guy and I have had days where I was not meshing with my bike and battling it for 100 miles which is not good at the speeds I use to ride at. When I worked on getting a good night sleep, eating right and clearing my mind of all other things, that is when my bike and I become one and the desert floor turned into a fast and fun roller coaster. The main thing you need to do is be super loose and you will see a difference.
loose? like mentally or physiclly?

I have to tell you right now, you have to line yourself up for the zone but you can't push yourself into it. First you gotta be free of all distractions, turn off you phone, leave it in the truck, don't think about anyone or anything. Feel free to listen to some music of your liking. Don't go your hungry, sick, or anything else.
Walk the track in your gear or at the least stand looking over it. Picture yourself going around it. Just feel the breeze or the sun on your back, smell the fresh prepped clay, smell the fumes, and just listen to the engines hum, let yourself fall into the mood.
Most important, gain a rhythm. Don't think about about doing everything, just let yourself flow and let your mind venture off into the sun and fumes.

Like CDA alluded to, make sure everything that you can control is looked after (ie; the sleeping, the eating, the bike prep etc) - after that, the "zone" seems to be an elusive state - when it happens, enjoy it. When it doesn't happen, don't fret it. I suspect some people never really experience the zone - just be happy when it happens. :thumb: Just my $.02 Canadian.

Here's a good one for anyone who raced, have you ever like mentally fell in the zone well you were listening to music or laying in bed far from the track and you just fall into it just like your there. Almost like your right there.

Here's a good one for anyone who raced, have you ever like mentally fell in the zone well you were listening to music or laying in bed far from the track and you just fall into it just like your there. Almost like your right there.
Nope haha would music help get me in the zone?