Getting back in the saddle.

Was invited here and thought I would check out the place.

Just got back into riding after 20 some odd years, and recently bought a used '06 YZ125. Doing a top end rebuild on it now to get it sussed out for spring and summer. That, and it is a good experience for my son and I to work on. Not going to hit any tracks soon as I need to relearn how to ride properly, and my son has to learn as he has never rode before. I have worked on bikes befre, so if you need help or advice, feel free to hit me up.

-Bleed

James

Staff member
Was invited here and thought I would check out the place.

Just got back into riding after 20 some odd years, and recently bought a used '06 YZ125. Doing a top end rebuild on it now to get it sussed out for spring and summer. That, and it is a good experience for my son and I to work on. Not going to hit any tracks soon as I need to relearn how to ride properly, and my son has to learn as he has never rode before. I have worked on bikes befre, so if you need help or advice, feel free to hit me up.

-Bleed
:cheers: Welcome Bleed, so what made you decide to get back into riding?

We always have questions that need answering in the General and Make / Model sections, feel free to give your input. :thumb:

:cheers: Welcome Bleed, so what made you decide to get back into riding?

We always have questions that need answering in the General and Make / Model sections, feel free to give your input. :thumb:

I wanted to get back into it for years, but either did not have the time or place to ride. I now have both.

I have seen where I have been able to place my $0.02, and did! (Hahaha!)

Thanks for the welcomes. Much appreciated. :cheers:

I wanted to get back into it for years, but either did not have the time or place to ride. I now have both.

I have seen where I have been able to place my $0.02, and did! (Hahaha!)

Thanks for the welcomes. Much appreciated. :cheers:

Welcome! just chill here for a while a get to know some guys! :thumb:

Welcome Bleed. :cheers: It was the same for me, I sold my bike when my Fiancee lost her job, and we needed money. Hard to believe I married her, and didn't get another bike until I left her.:smirk: Welcome again, and have some Newbie Roost.:ride:

There was a request for pics, so here are a few, and I aplogize for the rather large pics...

023.jpg

025.jpg

The son...
027.jpg

I have the bike in pieces at the moment doing a top end rebuild. Did a check over all electrical and such as well, and now I am just waiting on parts and such to come in this week and build her back up. I also removed the 18 number as well. Any suggestions on a new number?

Thanks again for all the welcomes. :cheers:

Welcome Bleed! It's in the blood, isn't it? Nobody just quits this sport, it's an addiction. It's inevitable that you came back! :thumb: