Getting back in the saddle.

My bike. I wanted a YZ250, and damn near pulled the trigger on one, but the wife made me realize that the boy has never ridden and a 125 would be better. So I opted for the 125 and plan on letting go of the hammer come next year for a 250. By then he should have the mindset and experience to follow his hellraiser of a Dad around. However, both bikes will still be mine. :smirk: I told him if he gets a job I will help him with a basket case or the like. I a teaching him to wrench somewhat now through the rebuild I am doing on her.

As for my birthday, 1/9/77. 1977 anyway you look at it.

Make your number 977 then! :thumb: I was waring between 55 and 703. I decided on 55 though. Anyhow, that's pretty cool, I never let my old man ride my 250:lol: Anyhow one day that 125 will be his, once you get a 250, that'll be great for you guys :ride:

There was a request for pics, so here are a few, and I aplogize for the rather large pics...

023.jpg

025.jpg

The son...
027.jpg

I have the bike in pieces at the moment doing a top end rebuild. Did a check over all electrical and such as well, and now I am just waiting on parts and such to come in this week and build her back up. I also removed the 18 number as well. Any suggestions on a new number?

Thanks again for all the welcomes. :cheers:

Sweet looking bike, like the rims and the step seat. :thumb:

Welcome Bleed:wave:

Try to get the wife into it. We need more gals out there:thumb:

Or is it your "personal time":smirk: Sometimes there is no better escape from your spouse then on the bike far away from them:lol:

Or is it your "personal time":smirk: Sometimes there is no better escape from your spouse then on the bike far away from them:lol:

Amen Sun, I got my wife a Little YZ85 and told here she is going riding with me this summer, her words were " I am not going every weekend like you do" I said "oh I know I need my ME time still" :smirk:

Amen Sun, I got my wife a Little YZ85 and told here she is going riding with me this summer, her words were " I am not going every weekend like you do" I said "oh I know I need my ME time still" :smirk:

Seriously....is there any better way to spend time away or with the spouse? It is a dual pleasure!
:thumb:

The wife and I met at mechanic school. We both have wrenched in our time. However, she refuses to ride a bike. A quad maybe, but she is not oing to be able to keep up.:smirk:

Was invited here and thought I would check out the place.

Just got back into riding after 20 some odd years, and recently bought a used '06 YZ125. Doing a top end rebuild on it now to get it sussed out for spring and summer. That, and it is a good experience for my son and I to work on. Not going to hit any tracks soon as I need to relearn how to ride properly, and my son has to learn as he has never rode before. I have worked on bikes befre, so if you need help or advice, feel free to hit me up.

-Bleed

Welcome back and enjoy your rebuild.:thumb: