2 Stroke get the 1985 cr500 running

here is what the master cylinder for the front brake looks like. As you can see from the previous pic it was upside down and on the wrong side before. anyway its been so long it was a dried up goo type substance in there but when i disconnected the cable at the bottom some fluid came out so i dont think calibers and that end is too bad I will dig into that tomorrow.. also had to drill out the screws to the lid of the master cylinder as they were completely stripped out Next is the clutch lever but that cable wont even move so i gotta play with that as well.
85cr500 001.jpg

I'm pretty sure that just about any Honda dirt bike master cylinder will work just fine. Actually just about any master cylinder should work.

Get one of those hammer driven impact drivers. You can get out almost any screw.

With corrosion that bad the caliper may very well be damaged as well. Get the pistons out of the caliper and see what it looks like. I've been able to clean up some really crusty ones and put them back in to service with the original seals. Some 600 or 1000 grit sandpaper or emery cloth can clean up a lot. If the parts are pitted bad then it's time to look for new ones.

I'm pretty sure that just about any Honda dirt bike master cylinder will work just fine. Actually just about any master cylinder should work.

this one i have MIGHT be ok but its that cable. im pretty sure its solid now.

good to know tho cause this ant even my bike so i dont want to go dumping a lot of cash into it.

this one i have MIGHT be ok but its that cable. im pretty sure its solid now.

good to know tho cause this ant even my bike so i dont want to go dumping a lot of cash into it.

buy it from him for cheap, fix it up and use it as your main bike (until you get the 525 fixed, or sell it)

here is what the master cylinder for the front brake looks like. As you can see from the previous pic it was upside down and on the wrong side before. anyway its been so long it was a dried up goo type substance in there but when i disconnected the cable at the bottom some fluid came out so i dont think calibers and that end is too bad I will dig into that tomorrow.. also had to drill out the screws to the lid of the master cylinder as they were completely stripped out Next is the clutch lever but that cable wont even move so i gotta play with that as well.
View attachment 1093

Oh Damn! I wonder what causes that??? never seen that before. I would clean it up and rebuild the master cylinder. Thats like $14 in rebuild stuff. best thing to do is soak it in PBblaster for a week, clean it up remove the busted screws (easyout) and clean it with brake fluid again. You should be able to find a Tusk brake line for that http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...avTitle=Brakes&webCatId=15&prodFamilyId=19498 this ones for a 92 but it should be the same. The caliper might be ok and just need flushing.

Good luck

View attachment 1093

Are you gonna unhook it at the bottom and spray it out with brake cleaner?