South Geek Slide Molested?

I’d like confirmation from someone who has ridden THE Geek Slide. Assuming it’s the rock step-up heading east out of Gohler Gultch, then I rode it last weekend and was shocked to realize that (at least I think) it’s at the heart of this controversy over on the D37 DS forum:

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52174

There are before & after pictures attached on the first post. If someone who knows for sure could conform I’d appreciate it.

I don’t have a dog in the fight on the district forum, but I do think it’s shitty that someone would so blatantly modify a feature on a trail that has become a fixture in so many rides for their own personal gain…

If I’m right and you agree, I encourage you to chime in and voice your opinion. If I’m wrong, please set me straight. My opinion doesn’t change on ‘dumbing down’ a trail, but I’d like to know if I’ve at least got the location correct-
Thanks,

Chad

its hard for me to say.... it does look like it but there was no sign that you can see in the 4th pic when i was there.

regardless of if it is or not what they are doing is fucking WRONG!!!!.... WTF that is really lame stuff.

I can't confirm how long the sign has been there since last weekend was my first and only time there. I can tell you that it looks pretty damn new and it says "caution". Later I'll try and post the video I've got of us riding up it...

From the pic's I've seen ofit it surely DOES look like the G-slide ... As for what they did, as mentioned on the D-37 forum, worst thing possible for our (off-roaders) sake. bonk him, :bonk:... give him shit, :argue:.... WTF, :doh:.... and another one for good measure! :gibbs:

I only read the first page and didn't see anything supporting it... :noidea:

It's 6-pages deep and yes, a lot of Jerry's boys chimed in and started going after Keith pretty hard. Again, there's a lot of background BS going on there and I don't have a dog in that fight, but I am a bit pissed that Jerry took it upon himself to "fix" the step up for everyone so he can run one of his DS rides throgh there...

It's 6-pages deep and yes, a lot of Jerry's boys chimed in and started going after Keith pretty hard. Again, there's a lot of background BS going on there and I don't have a dog in that fight, but I am a bit pissed that Jerry took it upon himself to "fix" the step up for everyone so he can run one of his DS rides throgh there...

I agree... I liked one of the posts that said "maybe HE couldn't make it but that doesn't mean others couldn't". Pretty lame

On a side note... RE: your sig line. :shocked:

yea that is seriously fucked up.

it pisses me off especially because i have said i wanted to go back and go up it. Now its not the same dude is a fucking asshole

IM MAD!!!

This is indeed the Geekslide in question here. That other forum is a real cluster of opinions and thoughts. I think the guy is a dick for taking a hammer to the trail and altering it and then posting up his good deeds.

Obviously I've never rode there, but isn't it ridiculous when a new person pops in and tries to improve something that doesn't need improving!? I'm disappointed, geek slide vids/pics were great :cry: R.I.P. Geek Slide

Obviously I've never rode there, but isn't it ridiculous when a new person pops in and tries to improve something that doesn't need improving!? I'm disappointed, geek slide vids/pics were great :cry: R.I.P. Geek Slide

Now it can be known as the Geek Trail... :rolleyes: