Gas ratio

The one I was thinking belonged to gene pool. Kind of tired when he sold it. Gene was 70 by then. Dan is patient if nothing else. He can spend some time and little money on something and make it more appealing.

From my understanding, the 85,86 cr500's were the most outrages due to cyl head only
Those years had the highest compression ratio of any of the liquid cooled cr500's. Those also had a shorter rod than any other liquid cooled cr . Very snappy and hard to control. To me, not so effective.

Hard to control for some reason, sounds rather appealing to me!
Those years had the highest compression ratio of any of the liquid cooled cr500's. Those also had a shorter rod than any other liquid cooled cr . Very snappy and hard to control. To me, not so effective.
to

So took apart the carb because it needed cleaned and it still has a bog if you hit the throttle hard. The slide had a small chip in it. I don't know if that is what is causing the problem and if I should replace it. The pilot jet is 25 and the main jet is 450. The airscrew is in the stock position.
image.jpg

A chipped or worn slide will disrupt the natural Venturi effect produced by the carb body. That could be the issue.
Sudco.com will have the best deal on a new slide.

I dont think that one out of the flow of things will do what you are complaining about. You may want to replace it for safety reasons or at least work it over with a stone. That pilot is a bit smaller than I run, even on a 36mm Mikuni. Sounds like someone jetted it down trying to make up for a sloppy float setting and general tuning.

I dont think that one out of the flow of things will do what you are complaining about. You may want to replace it for safety reasons or at least work it over with a stone. That pilot is a bit smaller than I run, even on a 36mm Mikuni. Sounds like someone jetted it down trying to make up for a sloppy float setting and general tuning.
I ordered a 27.5 pilot jet and a 30 pilot jet