Garage Project

James

Staff member
Damn James that looks really nice. I HATE home projects and I especially hate anything made of wood...

May I suggest something if it isn't to late. Make your top out of 1/2" thick MDF and cut it to drop into the top of the bench. This way after a while if it gets all nasty from working you can just replace the top. This is what my father in law did and every 3-5 years he just drops in new MDF and it looks like a brand new bench.
My plan was to cut a 1/2" MDF to fit the top and then either bolt down the four corners or screw it down from the bottom. (I'm leaning towards the screws from the bottom to keep the top clean) That way I can easily replace it in the future. I also made the bench 96" wide so that I only have to cut the top one way.

What do you mean by "drops in"?
looks good. my bench is old counter top makes for quick and easy clean up. I also really like PSJBrock idea of the drop in top.
I saved an "old" counter top from when we tore everything out of the house, however I plan on putting it in the laundry once I start that project. :thumb:

What do you mean by "drops in"

Where the ply wood or mdf is recessed into the structure.

bench_5F00_6.jpg

James

Staff member
So with the rain we've been having I finally had some time to work in the garage. Managed to get a basic top in it and got the garage somewhat cleaned up/organized.

uploadfromtaptalk1369712555050.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369712567317.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369712576107.jpg

James, you need bike lift..... Love them... Best 300 dollars spent ever.

Well, It might not be best 300 spend if you don't ever use it.

James

Staff member
James, you need bike lift..... Love them... Best 300 dollars spent ever.

Well, It might not be best 300 spend if you don't ever use it.

That $20 dollar roller stool is my "lift", I sit on it and the bike magically gets higher. :smirk:

Now it's time to get that bike prepped. :ride:

When are you cleared to be back on the bike?

had another xray today said its not getting worse but she didnt see the "whiteness" of it which means its healing back together. could be another 2 weeks or so. im so ready to get back on the bike.

had another xray today said its not getting worse but she didnt see the "whiteness" of it which means its healing back together. could be another 2 weeks or so. im so ready to get back on the bike.

I don't remember if you were at ram jam when I wrecked, but I got back on the bike 3-4 weeks early with a taped wrist and felt fine. I don't really wanna put any ideas in your head but I'm just speaking the story of my life.