Boots Gaerne SG10

First issue I've run into with them is they offer too much up and down movement
I landed coming through a sandwhoops section a bit off and it damn near folded my ankle into a 90 :shocked:
I'm almost wondering if the alpinestars offer better overall protection...

I was reading reviews on them since I'm in the market for boots too and especially interested in boots with a pivoting system which I saw that the sg10 had. But from what I see, they pivoting system doesn't even work as I thought and the boots flex very easy at the foot.

I was reading reviews on them since I'm in the market for boots too and especially interested in boots with a pivoting system which I saw that the sg10 had. But from what I see, they pivoting system doesn't even work as I thought and the boots flex very easy at the foot.
the pivot is good at preventing sideways motion, it allows for a lot of up and down (shifting) motion

the pivot is good at preventing sideways motion, it allows for a lot of up and down (shifting) motion

From what I saw, they don't move up and down at the pivot system but rather flex in the soft area above the foot. I tried on Sidi Crossfire's and the pivot system worked great on them...but they cost $525. Here is screen shot of what I mean with the Sg10's and how they flex at the foot rather than at the pivot system.

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 6.25.06 PM.png

To me, that pivot point is what would cause an ankle injury. If your just trail riding that is one thing but if you are MX'ing and actually jumping big air. Then I wouldn’t want my ankle to pivot, especially if you ride on the balls of your feet alot. You shouldn't be jumping and landing on the balls of your feet to begin with but there is always gonna be that one time when you do and you fold your ankle.

To me, that pivot point is what would cause an ankle injury. If your just trail riding that is one thing but if you are MX'ing and actually jumping big air. Then I wouldn’t want my ankle to pivot, especially if you ride on the balls of your feet alot. You shouldn't be jumping and landing on the balls of your feet to begin with but there is always gonna be that one time when you do and you fold your ankle.
which the boots are supposed to be protecting you in case of an accident after all :thumb:

which the boots are supposed to be protecting you in case of an accident after all :thumb:
yeah no doubt what is the point of a boot if it doesn't protect, but if there is a weak point and source of ankle injury it will be in the pivot and not side to side twist motion but up and down motion of the natural motion of your ankle but that is just my opinion.